Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

JillThut

april485
april485 Member Posts: 1,983
edited September 2015 in May Their Memory Live On

My friend Jill passed away on June 25th. She was known as JillThut and was active on the Stage IV forums. She was a mother, a grandmother, a teacher and an author. She loved to dance and her grandson was her biggest joy. She was a good friend and leaves behind a legacy of kindness and happiness. Today she will be buried. She was only 56 years old. She began this BC journey with a small Stage II BC. She did not opt for chemo and thought she would be fine she told me, as she had no nodal involvement.

Two years later in 2009, she felt ill and thought she had the flu. She went to the doctor and found she had mets to her liver. She also had mets to her bones and eventually mets to her brain. I hope that someday, this same story will not have to be repeated for others and that they finally find a cure for this dreaded disease. I am so sad today knowing that my friend will never see her grandson grow up. I will never forget her. Ever. I can open her book and read about how she gracefully lived with MBC.

Here is the link in case anyone else wants to read it. The short chapters are taken from her journal which she said helped her through her diagnosis and journey tremendously. Thanks for reading if you did. Please take a moment to think of her family today as they lay her to rest.

http://www.amazon.com/Cant-Stop-Music-Jill-Hajrula/dp/147932003X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1404143806&sr=1-1&keywords=can%27t+stop+the+music

Comments

• april485
    edited January 2015

Happy New Year in the clouds Jilly....RIP!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited January 2015

April, I just saw this thread.

I will purchase that book next time I log on to Amazon.

I've bookmarked the page.

Thank you for sharing her story.

I do remember her name from the forums.

She is lucky to have such a wonderful friend to keep her memory alive.

Edited to Add: I purchased this tonight. TY

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited June 2015

I read her wonderful book and passed it along to another BCO sister.
    I asked her to pass it along to a sister of her choice when she was finished.

• april485
    edited September 2015

Thanks Slow...appreciate it. Just saw this so forgive me for not responding.