Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Hormone Therapy with/without Afinitor (everolimus) SWOG-S1207

Options
1235»

Comments

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902
    Options

live_deliciously- have my next blood tests Wednesday. Curious to see how my numbers are doing.

• stephilosphy00
    stephilosphy00 Member Posts: 161
    Options

Hi, is this trial still open in some locations?

• dodgersgirl
    Options

I believe it is still open.

• live_deliciously
    live_deliciously Member Posts: 183
    Options

checking in. I'm still out here doing great. Started in ketogenic diet and lost 17 pounds so far. Also doing time restricted diet which is to really help your cells recycle. Living deliciously.

• wrmbrownie
    wrmbrownie Member Posts: 14
    Options

I've started KETO too. And intermittent fasting (not eating from early evening to midmorning or lunch.) I'm feeling really great and losing some weight too.

• live_deliciously
    live_deliciously Member Posts: 183
    Options

This is a really good video that explains how this helps us cancer girls

• wrmbrownie
    wrmbrownie Member Posts: 14
    Options

Great video...I've heard a lot about intermittent fasting and I tend to forget about it. Thanks for the reminder via the video.  :)

• dodgersgirl
    Options

took my last 2 Afinitor or placebo pills this morning completing the 54 week trial.

Now it’s years of questionnaires and monitoring. At some point I should find out which arm of this trial I was on.

• sherylann987
    sherylann987 Member Posts: 10
    Options

Do you have any feeling whether you received the real medication or the placebo? I just started the trial 7 weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting the placebo. Disappointed.

• dodgersgirl
    Options

Sherylann987–. I thought I was getting Afinitor due to pretty severe sores I got in my throat initially and continued to get mouth sores if I drank any hot liquids or ate spicy foods. And my cholesterol and sugar climbed some. But my new MO thinks I was on a placebo because I didn’t develop a rash. Clinical Trial nurse said I won’t be told for a few years which pill I took.

Good luck!!

• cajunqueen15
    cajunqueen15 Member Posts: 689
    Options

A rash on your hands? I had the rash and the mouth sores but I’m still not sure because chemo really did number on my body. I finished the trial 2 years ago and was told it will be many more before I find out what’s I got.