Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Expert Tips on Wigs and Hair Loss: Community Q&A

Options
2»

Comments

• Ivyskymax66
    Ivyskymax66 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2020
    Options

Hi. 2 weeks since shaving. Now the stubble is starting to come out. What did you wash your scalp with? I have itchy, red bumps. thank you

• gigibozo
    gigibozo Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2020
    Options

It might folliculitis. I had a really bad case of it. Oncologist had me on two topical prescription creams, but when they didn’t work, she sent me to a dermatologist who put me on a course of antibiotics. That did the trick. Good luck. Hope it clears soon.

• halildindar
    halildindar Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2020
    Options

My hair is itchy and I couldn't find a solution. Very bad situation

• Corals
    Corals Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2021
    Options

jusrme1964 Hi , I am starting TC March 11 and going to do cold capping , scared if I can do it though. Can you please advise anything ? I am concerned about sleeping on silk pillow ? Thanks

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,017
    edited March 2021
    Options

Corals, since justme1964 is not currently posting on this thread (last post is from March 2019), she may not read your question. We'd suggest you send her a Private Message so she can directly answer you. Here is the link to our Help section on How do I send a private message?

Hope this helps!

The Mods

• jkaylward
    jkaylward Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2021
    Options

I have a wig I'd like to donate to someone, to have, its a dark blonde wig in very good condition, about chin length.

• SWLovesHerDog
    SWLovesHerDog Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hi there,

I am on my 5th week of treatment and know I'll need to start to wear a wig I purchased very soon. I typically wear my hair back in a ponytail and am thinking to purchase another one that is just a ponytail and I can wear my own baseball cap. I've looked up several ponytail wigs on Amazon and unsure which to get. The following one on Amazon is something I'm looking at presently. Seems like most of them have a claw that goes over your regular hair. Will that allow room for my own baseball cap or my own hat? I'd really like to wear my own hats because they fit best and I'm a small person with a small head. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sofeiyan 13" Ponytail Extension Long Curly Ponytail Clip in Claw Hair Extension Natural Looking Synthetic Hairpiece for Women

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    edited September 2021
    Options

I got a free wig at an event held at City of Hope while I was going through chemo. Cut and styled personally by Jose Eber, no less. (You have to be a certain age to know who that is).

It was a very nice wig, long, highlighted light brown with bangs and darker roots. Pretty, but not all that flattering to me. I look better in shorter hair. So I pulled it back into a loose ponytail. Wore it that way the entire five months until my hair got long enough to dye it purple. Long story.

I never once had anyone guess I was wearing a wig. Everyone kept asking why I didn't lose my hair. People wouldn't even believe I was wearing a wig. Who puts a wig in a ponytail?

Have you thought about trying that with a wig? That way you don't have to wear a ball cap all the time, especially in situations where it wouldn't be appropriate attire.

Just my two cents. Good luck. I hope you find a solution that works for you.

Trish

• HopeHeal
    HopeHeal Member Posts: 137
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hi, I finished my last Taxol 3 weeks ago and am still not seeing scalp stubble, I am so worried.

• Seymour29
    Seymour29 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022
    Options

I was able to receive financial assistance for the DigniCap from ThriveWell. Contact your nurse navigator for assistance.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,100
    edited February 2022
    Options

Seymour - Take a look above the body of the message to see if this is an active thread. The last post here was Sept 2021 so I expect most of these people have moved on. But thanks for the financial assistance reference.

• russie
    russie Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hello i cant seem to make a new topic thread but wondering if u can help me i bought a wig before and its washable but using a fabric conditioner so i washed it after i washed it it looked bad but i tried washing it with hair conditioner but it seems it doesnt look good or tangled. is there a way to make it look good again and remove tangles?