Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo July 2019

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• 2019whatayear
    2019whatayear Member Posts: 468
    edited April 2021
    Options

yes I agree Ruby. I have been using mindfulness meditations from my Fitbit app and virtual support from Gildas Club ( free) It helps but when it’s time for any follow up or other medical appts I have a lot of PTS

• jjpope1
    jjpope1 Member Posts: 190
    edited May 2021
    Options

Good afternoon ladies! I hope you are all doing well! Had my hysterectomy on Friday. Doing good so far nothing terrible, cramps were pretty rough the 1st couple of days. They did it robotically and so far so good. When I had my last apt with MO PA he said I would still have to take the tamoxifen even after I have the hysterectomy which I def didn’t understand. I go back next month with MO so I def intend to find out. Other than that doing good. So ready for the beach and having fun!

• 2019whatayear
    edited May 2021
    Options

I don't understand either. I had my tubes and ovaries removed and started taking letrozole a couple weeks after that. Glad you are feeling good!!

• jjpope1
    edited June 2021
    Options

2019whatayear were you taking tamoxifen too? Can you tell a difference between the 2 meds? I have a feeling that’s what he’ll try to put me on and my thought process is why switch if I know how the one is already reacting. I would hate to switch and not do well with another one. I feel MK really good no pain, but I def can tell if I get up and moving too much because I will start feeling bad. I have 2 more weeks at home and I’m about to go crazy 😜

• 2019whatayear
    edited June 2021
    Options

I didn't take tamoxifen . I had my ovaries and tubes out right after radiation and went straight to AI. The research says AI is a bit more effective than tamoxifen so there is that. Knock on wood I don't have any bad or noticeable side effects from letrozole.

Hope you are having a good week!

• jjpope1
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hey ladies! It’s been a while since anyone has posted. I hope you are all doing good! I am doing really good! Have a 15 yr old with a permit 😳😳 and trying to look for a vehicle is about to make me have a breakdown!!! Had a complete hysterectomy in May. That went very well. Not a lot of pain. Having to sit at home was down the birds lol. We went to TN in August and had a blast. I soooo wish I could be there now to watch the leaves changing colors. Well I would love to hear how y’all are doing. Here’s a few pics from TN image

dodoimage

• yesiamadragon
    yesiamadragon Member Posts: 343
    edited September 2021
    Options

Fantastic photos and looks like a really fun trip!

• 2019whatayear
    edited September 2021
    Options

great pictures! glad you had fun and that things are well with you and the family!!!!

Everything is good here by me!

• jjpope1
    Options

Hey ladies!!! It's been a long time since I've been here. We are coming up on our 5-year anniversary. I hope everyone is healthy and living life. I am doing good. No problems. Other things in life have thrown curve balls but nothing that I can't handle. My son is 18 now and will be graduating in May. I don't know where the time has gone. He's still leaning towards Law Enforcement as his career path. Doesn't surprise me because that's all he's ever known growing up, that and fire department. I'm 45 now, separated, and taking it one day at a time. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Happy 5-Year Anniversary!!!!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

Hi @jjpope1! Welcome back, and congratulations on reaching your 5-year anniversary! We're glad to hear that you're doing well and handling everything with grace.

Thank you for bringing this thread back to life! It would be great to hear from other members as well.

Wishing you the best,

The Mods

• jjpope1
    Options

Thank you @moderators I can't say enough about how this forum prepared me, helped me, sometimes saved me during that time. It by far was the biggest help and resource I had. I will be forever grateful!! I have a very dear friend that was just diagnosed with colon cancer and it's in his liver as well. I went and looked at everything I could to find a forum like this, but nothing came even close. I have so many questions and I know it would have been a huge help for him as well. Thank you for all that you do!!!

• 2019whatayear
    Options

So happy to see you are doing well @jjpope1 !!!!!! HS graduation so exciting! Glad you are taking the curve balls in stride!