Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

9 Years Out - Stage 3

Options
sweetbean
sweetbean Member Posts: 433
edited February 2022 in Stage III Breast Cancer

Hi guys!

On November 18, 2010 I was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer - 5 cm tumor, loads of lymph node involvement, IDC & ILC and triple positive. I did ACT, double MX, Herceptin, and have been on Tamoxifen ever since. Still cancer-free today!

I'm posting this because I know that there is someone who was just diagnosed who needs to hear it. Hang in there!

Comments

• francesca30
    francesca30 Member Posts: 63
    Options

thank you @sweetbean ! i’m 9 months post diagnosis. just what i needed to read today!

• missmom79
    missmom79 Member Posts: 90
    Options

thank you. I’m stage 3b. I needed that

• bakerstreet
    bakerstreet Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thank you sweetbean, this lifted our spirits. my wife was diagnosed 7 months ago, she is in the radiation treatment phase.

To many healthy years to all of you ladies, hopefully this scare will subside by time.

• sweetbean
    Options

Oh ladies, many years of health, happiness, and love to all of you!

• lexica
    lexica Member Posts: 138
    Options

thank you sweetbean and congrats :)

• ilovemymom4ever
    ilovemymom4ever Member Posts: 29
    Options

are you now NED francesca

• francesca30
    francesca30 Member Posts: 63
    Options

@ilovemymomforever yes, based on my petscan last month, i’m NED. keeping my fingers crossed to be NED for the next 45 years at least

• Flo80
    Flo80 Member Posts: 212
    Options

Thank you so much. I also had 5.2 com tumour and lymph node involvement, I did chemo and then surgery and my path report came back with residual tumour of 3.2 cm and 9 positive nodes. Posts like these give me hope

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 180
    Options

Congratulations Bean. so Happy for you!

• iamelaine
    iamelaine Member Posts: 39
    Options

Sweetbean, congratulations on your nine years anniversary!!

• wintersocks
    wintersocks Member Posts: 434
    Options

Sweetbean

so very pleased to hear this for you.

• stephilosphy00
    stephilosphy00 Member Posts: 161
    Options

Thank you so much for giving us hope !

• AmericanInIreland
    AmericanInIreland Member Posts: 1
    Options

thank you so much! I’ve just been diagnosed a couple days ago, MO saidILC but pathologist report reads ductal and lobular features. And I’m triple positive as well.

Don’t know what any of this means but I appreciate your posting so much!

• LeianaMarie
    LeianaMarie Member Posts: 2
    Options

i was just reading the stream from 2009 about your eyelashes. are they fully back now after all these years :) i found this stream because i am now in radiation and my eyelashes are falling out again. and i have such long eyelashes that people always asked if i was using false ones, so loosing them has really upset me. more than loosing my hair. i think becaus the eyelashes take away from the look of being sick. i could have sworn the radiation was doing it. i though the radiation was angled wrong and hitting the edge of my eyes. i really thought that was it until i came across this place and seen how many others had lost their eyelashes more than once. im so glad to know this now.

• LeianaMarie
    LeianaMarie Member Posts: 2
    Options

i was just reading the stream from 2009 about your eyelashes. are they fully back now after all these years :) i found this stream because i am now in radiation and my eyelashes are falling out again. and i have such long eyelashes that people always asked if i was using false ones, so loosing them has really upset me. more than loosing my hair. i think becaus the eyelashes take away from the look of being sick. i could have sworn the radiation was doing it. they kept telling me the radiation only affects the area being treated. im like, i dont know about that. i thought the radiation was angled wrong and hitting the edge of my eyes. i really thought that was it until i came across this place and seen how many others had lost their eyelashes more than once. im so glad to know this now.

• redcanoe
    redcanoe Member Posts: 72
    Options

Thank you so much for sharing!

• sweetbean
    Options

Hi there everyone! Just back here to say I am now 11 years post-diagnosis at Stage 3 and still cancer-free! My eyelashes came back in, but after a while, I started using Latisse because I felt they were thinning. However, I think the thinning is due to peri-menopause/menopause. If I were younger, they would be fine. The Latisse works well, though - the little bottle lasts a long time. It's a bit of a luxury item, but I like it!

• scar1888
    scar1888 Member Posts: 23
    Options

Oh such great news Sweetbean! I am 24 years post stage 3 cancer! I just feel so blessed! They thought mine was so so early but when they operated they found a 1 cm tumor with 4 out of 22 nodes involved. What a shock. I struggled so much the first few years after treatment and was disappointed I could no longer teach school. I tried so hard but had to go on ss at 45. I certainly missed teaching and still do.

Mine was estrogen postive and HER 2 tests were not available then. Ports were not being used at this time.

I pray that each of you will continue to be in touch with all of us! I so love to check on all of you! Eat right, exercise and get to all doctor appts! I know you will.

God bless.

Linda

• lezza13
    lezza13 Member Posts: 579
    Options

Congratulatiions! I am 11 years out. Please all of you hang in there. I had 3 positive lymph nodes and did 9 years of Tamoxifen.

Linda, yours sounds just like mine. Hang in there everyone.