Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2020 Running Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• FairyDogMother
    FairyDogMother Member Posts: 154
    Options

Hello Fellow Runners- I hope all is well. It's been awhile since I have been on BC.org. I started running again this year and came back to the thread to keep us inspired. Since COV-19 has cancel races, what are your favorate virtual races?

• edj3
    edj3 Member Posts: 1,579
    Options

I've run a couple of virtual half marathons and was on track to run the Grandma's marathon next month. Unfortunately, I broke my foot on a long run just a week ago. The orthopedist has said I need to stay in the boot for another four weeks, and I might -- might -- be cleared to walk a bit then.

This year can bite me.

• dogmomrunner
    dogmomrunner Member Posts: 492
    Options

I am going to try to get back into the running. It's been a year. :(Anyone have trouble with a lumpectomy boob in a running bra?

• edj3
    Options

I did but honestly it was/is probably from the tethering and cording in my breast. I wear a super supportive bra by Brooks so things don't jostle and that helps.

• FairyDogMother
    FairyDogMother Member Posts: 154
    Options

edj3 I use an Enell bra that works well.

• edj3
    Options

I've actually switched to a SheFit bra, I LOVE it.

• Maryjogee
    Maryjogee Member Posts: 12
    Options

I have been in Enell bras for over 20 years and they are amazing. I am 8 weeks post bilateral mastectomy and tried one of my Enells on today...no way. Doc says no compression rt now which is Enell objective. My Enell is a size 0. I have expanders and an exchange sx scheduled 7/20, but would like to start trotting around now. Any ideas, ladies?

• edj3
    Options

I use SheFit bras, they compress like crazy and are very adjustable. Not a shill for them at all, I own 4 pairs. I have a narrow back which has always been a challenge to fit plus I'm a DD.

• Maryjogee
    Maryjogee Member Posts: 12
    Options

I will see my PS 6/24. He has me pretty reined in, given I ride horses and jog. The Enell 0 is a nonstarter. Maybe I just power walk and wait til I see him.🙄. We have a fun 10k here on 7/4 that I hate to just walk but maybe that’s a victory too. Never heard of SheFit so will investigate andkeep those brassiere suggestions coming,ladies. Thanks so much!!