Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

With Gratitude, for Julie

Options
PaulL
PaulL Member Posts: 7
edited February 2020 in May Their Memory Live On

Thank you to everyone on these forums for the wisdom and knowledge they imparted. My wife, Julie, was diagnosed stage IV at 55 and with treatments got 5 years of life. It was a roller coaster at times; but witnessing the real-life experiences here helped us to navigate the side effects and medical choices.

I did write up some of her story (and her cancer journey) at julieslife(dot)com and I will do more to support this community for the future.

I hope that others can witness her life and know that she made everything around her that much better and helped myself and others see the beauty in people, animals and everyday objects.

Also a reminder to always opt for Joy where-ever you can find it. I was able to bring our big dog into the hospital near the end.

Comments

• PaulL
    Options

[Looks like I can't post links, but the photos are very touching]

• Brilee76
    Brilee76 Member Posts: 190
    Options

Thank you for sharing this beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman. I'm sorry for your loss.

• PaulL
    Options

Thank you @MelissaDallas Under the "More" item is her Cancer journey. It was a bit of a ride, Taxol -> Ibrance -> Xeloda -> Doxil -> Piqray with radiation treatments mixed in.

I was fortunate that I was able to focus on care during this time. My heart goes out to everyone going through similar journeys.

Wishing everyone here strength and love,

-- Paul

• beesie.is.out-of-office
    Options

Paul, the website is a beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Jaylea
    Jaylea Member Posts: 440
    Options

Paul, what a beautiful tribute to an amazing woman. You were so descriptive I felt like I was walking the bay area with the two of you. May your bountiful memories be a comfort in the days and months to come.

• PaulL
    Options

Thank you Jaylea and Beesie.

I will be looking for ways to contribute back to this community and efforts to get more and better treatments for everyone, especially metastatic.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,077
    Options

Paul - the website is a wonderful tribute. May the years of memories comfort you.

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    Options

Paul..you just gave me inspiration to keep going. I feel imprisoned in my home and I need to open my door more often.

Thank you and I am so sad you are parted from this beautiful woman.

S

• PaulL
    Options

Thank you MinusTwo and SandiBeach57 as I go through my mourning. I hope that you can look upon the world and find joy in it.

And I will be forever in gratitude to the people here who shared their stories of treatment.

• debal
    debal Member Posts: 600
    Options

Wow Paul. What a beautiful tribute. Thank you for sharing. I'm so sorry. Wishing you strength and love too.

"Opt for Joy" will do.

• dysonsphere
    dysonsphere Member Posts: 134
    Options

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute. She was lucky to have your support.

• PaulL
    Options

Thank you dysonsphere and DebAL. Sending strength and support to both of you.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

What a wonderful heartfelt tribute to your wife. She was indeed an amazing lady. So sorry for your loss.

I lost my one and only sister to Stage IV BC last August. My sister was DX in 2012. Her cancer came back 3 times and the last time it took her life.

I know the pain of losing someone you love from this insidious disease. My sister was a fighter too but she suffered so. I miss her every day.

Cherish your memories as I will.

Diane

• PaulL
    Options

Thank you edwards750 and so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister.

It can be such a roller coaster.

I still miss Julie every single day and remember how much I love her.

This week KEXP Radio did a whole day of telling cancer stories. It was so powerful. They told Julie's story and played two of her favorite songs. It brought forth tears and a smile.

https://www.kexp.org/musicheals/

And you can see the playlist and dedications here:

https://www.kexp.org/playlist/?month=February&day=...

Just keep clicking on 'Earlier' for the whole 12 hours. Very powerful.