Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,571
  • illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,891

Well now, I think of all the interesting friends I might acquire if I had the Magats viewpoints. Then again I have learned (and I'm pretty sure this happened really early in my life) to abhor liars, cheats, cons and other assorted who delight on being on THAT side which thumbs its nose at anyone who values decency, honesty, humility, and caring.

I'm not a goody-two shoes mind you, but I just tend to find people like the Magats highly distasteful. Some could be smart but still taken in by the CULT which renders intelligence hard to find or see in them.

In the meandering of thoughts I often have I've found myself wondering what these people are going to do when their hero REALLY gets the boot, or goes to jail, or is finally perhaps after the election adjudicated to be in full blown and total dementia. How long will the Magat Trumpism last. Some may be dependent on what the Reps. party does to pick itself back up. I'm not real sure any of them will have excess time and energy to invest in too much Trumpism themselves so trying to hold up Magats would be out of the question.

• illinoislady

I know its meant to be funny, but I looked at this picture and though OMG. Looks like a druggie. Un-believable.

• illinoislady

Just a note here. I'm going to Marion VA tomorrow so won't be on here till late afternoon.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,841
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal

I vote Big House 20-24.

• betrayal
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,605
    edited October 17

Today I cast my vote for Kamala Harris and Tim Walz!!!!!!

I would say for our small county, and for a state where early voting began October 8, the Board of Elections was busier than I expected it to be, with a steady flow of people coming through the door, either to vote or drop off their ballot. I filled in the “President” oval with my pen, then paused to appreciate the moment of voting for Harris.

With the health issues I’m currently dealing with, I was glad to get my vote in today, and dh was sure to get me there.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,571

Yea! North Dakota's early voting opens the 28th, which is when I am voting!!!

• betrayal

Long read but well worth it. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-enemy-within-trump-trumps-trump/ar-AA1sryjc?ocid=windirect&cvid=80b5cb831d1145bd8229846989afbe35&ei=32

• illinoislady

When we recognize that nothing has to go right for us to be happy, that people do not have to behave for us to love them, our walk home can be surprisingly simple. We have enormous power not to manipulate the world, but to be happy and to know peace.

Hugh Prather

• illinoislady

In this day and age, it is hard to trust but I will say of the opinion pieces I've read today all seem to feel the early voting (Ga numbers spectacular) seem a really good omen for VP Harris. We have lots more to get through but it has worked out for a long time that early voting tends to favor Democrats.

Along with that it does seem of late that every time the FG pokes his nose out somewhere he has been making big messes. To that degree a couple more cancellations for him. In my view, I think he's finished. He'll get pampered and sane washed whatever has to be done to get him across the finish. But, in my mind, having to disallow him 'normal' venues is saying something in no un-certain terms. Dementia is not reversible and can only get worse — and I think at some point it gets worse measurably faster. I think FG is there.

Still, can't take it for granted, but I think FG has been losing more support than the media lets on and if we had cherrypicked polls before, were going to have a whole lot more these last three weeks. FG has had the lowest standards for the longest time while having been the absolute worst President ever. Yet he struts and preens with his oddly colored face and seems not to realize that so many now want to forget he exists. I so hope and pray we start that spiral on November 5th.

• illinoislady

Vance asked again if he though FG lost 2020 — and he did give another answer. In my book it was thoough a non-answer even though at least there was one.

“First of all, on on on the election of 2020, I’ve answered this question directly a million times. No, I think there are serious problems in 2020. So did Donald Trump lose the election? Not by the words that I would use. Okay, so look, we could but but look, I really couldn’t care less if you agree or disagree with me on this issue.”

Many people pointed out how wrong it was for a vice presidential nominee to deny the reality of the most recent election.

If that is the answer, then it's the dodgiest one I've heard for a while. I say FAIL..

• illinoislady

Donald Trump Cancels Second Mainstream Interview in Days

SAFE SPACE

The ex-president was scheduled to sit down with NBC News on Monday. But he pulled out after nixing a CNBC interview, too.

Mary Ann Akers 

Deputy Washington Bureau Chief

Updated Oct. 17 2024 3:34PM EDT / Published Oct. 17 2024 9:54AM EDT 

Donald Trump pulled out of another mainstream interview Thursday–this time nixing a sit-down with NBC News.

The interview, CNN reported, would be in Philadelphia with NBC News' senior business correspondent, Christine Romans. CNN’s Brian Stelter said one source suggested that it had only been “postponed.”

It was the second time in a week that he had canceled a scheduled appearance outside the conservative news sphere, CNN’s Reliable Sources reported Thursday. He had canceled an in-studio appearance on the CNBC flagship show, Squawk Box, which was due on Friday.

His team claimed to Politico that he was unable to do the CNBC interview on Friday because he would be in Michigan. But in fact he will be just a few blocks away from the CNBC studio on Friday morning: appearing live on Fox & Friends.

The MAGA-friendly network teased Trump’s upcoming appearance on its chyron Thursday mornin

The Trump campaign did not specifically address the reasons for the cancellations in response to a request for comment.

“Unlike Kamala Harris, President Trump has long maintained an aggressive campaign schedule that changes day-to-day, and he has sat for local, state, and national interviews almost daily,” Karoline Leavitt, the Trump campaign’s press secretary, told the Daily Beast, adding that Trump will continue meeting Americans where they are— from rallies to the airwaves.”

But another cancellation occurred on Thursday. The NRA announced that Trump had backed out of its planned event next week in Savannah, citing a “campaign scheduling conflict.”

The media shyness follows a rash of odd behavior exhibited by Trump at his rallies, beyond just his meandering and sometimes nonsensical soliloquies.

The video player is currently playing an ad. You can skip the ad in 5 sec with a mouse or keyboard

He danced on stage and played music—ranging from “Ava Maria” to the Village People’s “YMCA”—on stage at a rally in Pennsylvania last week. The incident was widely viewed as bizarre at best, with the Twittersphere lighting up with questions about the 78-year-old former president’s mental acuity.

Even Vice President Kamala Harris tweeted: “I hope he’s OK.”

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

And this week even more cancellations — one for the NRA. The guy is wiped out. Demented almost incoherently. In other words a GONER.

• illinoislady

Definitely GONER territory.

• illinoislady

SC could stand a little punishment too — like a bunch of new justices picked by us.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

They tried to say she flubbed the whole thing which isn't true at all. She aced it royally.

• illinoislady

Got that right…