Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo February 2021

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,399
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hey everyone. I had surgery on Monday and it went well. I am sore and cranky and hating these drains! My lymphovenous bypass was successful in that the surgeon was able to get FOUR good connections and I'm so excited about that.

My best to you all; I hope you are doing well. Much love to all of you.

• JN5000
    JN5000 Member Posts: 72
    edited August 2021
    Options

LW422: I'm so glad your surgery went well!!

I hope everyone's doing okay.

My last radiation is today. Working on plant-based diet and exercise program.

Have a good day!

Jennie

• Jvfireball
    Jvfireball Member Posts: 56
    edited September 2021
    Options

LW422,

So glad surgery went well. Praying for speedy recovery!

God Bless

Julie

• lw422
    edited September 2021
    Options

Jennie--good job on finishing radiation!

Julie--nice to see you; hope you're doing well.

I got my surgical pathology yesterday and it was great news... pCR!! All those months of chemo got rid of all cancer in my breast tissue. Lymph nodes were 0/32!! So yay!

• Jvfireball
    Jvfireball Member Posts: 56
    edited September 2021
    Options

LW422, This is amazing news!!!!! Just made my whole week!!!! Way to stay the course lady!!! Love ya! Julie

• JN5000
    edited September 2021
    Options

Congratulations LW422!! That is GREAT news!!

• JN5000
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi everyone. I was just thinking about you all today, hoping you're recovering. What a year!!

• ab45
    ab45 Member Posts: 153
    edited January 2022
    Options

Cannot believe in just a few more weeks, I was starting this chemo journey one year ago. We got through it...Looking back it was rough but thankful for our group. Has anyone had any scans since chemo ended? I am going for my first one in a few weeks, little nervous!

Thinking of you all and sending best wishes

• lw422
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hey AB45 and everyone who helped me through some of the darkest days in my life. I appreciate you all so much and hope you are doing well these days. I just read my first posts in this thread and was overwhelmed and started to cry... jeeze. It seems like a lifetime ago that we all started chemo and held each other up through the tough days. I wish I could hug you all; what a ride we had, huh?

Take care and check in when you can. Hugs and love to all of you.

• lw422
    edited January 2022
    Options

Oh, I forgot to answer you, AB45. I have a quarterly checkup with my MO and PS on Feb. 8 but no scans. My MO said I'm done with scans except for annual mammogram on my remaining breast unless I have "symptoms."

• lw422
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hey y'all... if anyone's still around!! Today is the anniversary of my first chemo treatment a year ago. What a ride we had, huh?? So grateful I had all of you to help me through the "experience." I hope you're all doing great!

• ab45
    edited February 2022
    Options

so gald you are doing well!!! Tomorrow is my anniversary ...what a journey so thankful for you during this time..have not read our posts...still so emotional even a year later..

BIG HUGS

• lw422
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hugs to you, AB! We are beat up by this crap, but we're still standing! Thanks again for all the support.

• ab45
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi All!!

Just wanted to check in...can't believe it has been 1.5 years since we started the chemo journey...how is everyone?? Big Hugs

• lw422
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hey AB! So nice to hear from you and I hope you're doing well. I have my 3-month checkup tomorrow with my oncologist but I don't have any issues so hopefully it's a non-event. I've been feeling OK; still having weird random pains and a bit of swelling that I'm afraid is lymphedema. Ugh. Take care and keep in touch.