Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stunned...I need your help, advice, kindness

Options
2»

Comments

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    Options

congrats scar! So glad you found this board and thread! May you continue to thrive

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,610
    Options

mae, that's a good one! SciFi movie, with construction outside and kids banging pots and pans. Except you can't yell, "SHUT UP!!!"

Carol

• msphil
    msphil Member Posts: 185
    Options

hello sweetie its ok to cry i did off and on after my diagnosis but then I was determined to fight the good fight with Positivity and Hope that I could and will get thru this and Praise God I am this yr a 27 yr Survivor Praise God. I was diagnosed while preparing for our second marriages the man I prayed for arrived then I get diagnosed. I cried and cried and asked why me Im a good Christian Catholic girl. But then I decided to fight the good fight with Positive thoughts and lots of Hope and my fiance. Hold on Believe you also can get thru this.nsphil IDC stage2 0/3 nodes 3mo chemo before and after L mast got married to man of my dreams my prayers then 7wks rads and 5yrs on tamoxifen. Hubby even encouraged me write book I did The Healings of Breast Cancer,A Physical and Spiritual Healing of My Body n Soul. On amazing.com n Barnes n Noble. You can do it also.👍

• moonstruck19
    moonstruck19 Member Posts: 14
    Options

You ladies are great...thank you.

My MRI today was a pleasant piece of cake. It was laying on a massage like table with tons of padding, fan, lights, and my choice of music genre with headphones. Feet first.

It went so fast, the tech was so supportive and kind, and I thought to myself when it was over, "This is it? What a great experience." lol

Consult with the BS is on Tuesday. Have a great weekend, everyone, and thanks so much for your kindness & support!

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,610
    Options

moonstruck, I'm so glad that it went well and was not traumatic!

• moonstruck19
    Options

Hugs to all of you ladies for your kind words and encouragement!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,092
    Options

Glad it was easy. Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

• moonstruck19
    Options

Hello ladies,

Just got some news. I am ER+, PR+, HER2-

MRI results just came in and showed clear lymph nodes, the other breast (left one) is normal.

I have some peace now going into my appt with the BS tomorrow morning.

• kksmom3
    kksmom3 Member Posts: 101
    Options

Yes, that's good to know that much. Peace to you tomorrow.

• moonstruck19
    Options

Thank you kksmom,

Met with bc surgeon. About 5mm, Stage 1a, Grade 1, not in the lymph nodes. Treatment will be lumpectomy, radiation (possibly brachytherapy to lessen the radiation treatment time), and endocrine therapy. No chemo. Surgery scheduled, as are appts with RO and MO. They work fast!

Prognosis is very good to excellent. She told my husband and I that she wished she could give this news to all of her patients.

I am very lucky & blessed, considering.. I want to thank all you wonderful ladies for your kindness, and I wish all of you many blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,092
    Options

Great news moonstruck. Hope all goes well.

• rollercoaster451
    Options

That's great news!!!!!

• moonstruck19
    Options

Hello ladies,

Update: I had the lumpectomy Dec 10th, and follow up appt with my surgeon this morning.

She said an uncommon thing happened, which she suspected...the initial biopsy took out the 5mm IDC. Surgeon went in and cleaned everything up. Surgical pathology indicated clear margins, still Stage 1a, Grade 1, no lymph node involvement. She said I sailed through the surgery with flying colors.

I met with radiology oncologist before surgery, and I absolutely love him. I will have targeted brachytherapy radiation for 5 days, twice a day, in January. The treatment dates have already been scheduled.

After that, I will have endocrine therapy. No chemo. As mentioned before, prognosis is very good to excellent.

The best Christmas gift ever. I am posting this update with the intention of giving many of you who are newly diagnosed, HOPE. Heart

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! Thank you again for your kind and encouraging words.

• tntnsd
    tntnsd Member Posts: 124
    Options

Hello Moonstruck

That’s fantastic news. Thank you for sharing, as it is not only give HOPE to all newly diagnosed people, but somehow it also put a smile on many of us who have been on this journey.

Best wishes and hope you can enjoy your holidays to the fullest

• JWe
    JWe Member Posts: 1
    Options

That is super news for you to have following your surgery.
    I have a question as I have been told by the surgeon quote: "its all gone" and "the Letrozole has made it all go". I took Letrozole for 6x weeks pre-op, so that is not a plausible explanation as too soon for 100% reduction in tumour over a few weeks.

Did you know that... quote: "the initial biopsy took out the 5mm IDC." Or was this explained to you after the surgery? Did the report from that biopsy detail that it had removed the IDC? Thank you

• celand
    celand Member Posts: 223
    Options

Moonstruck,

Glad to read that you have gotten through lumpectomy with clear margins and that your prognosis is very good to excellent. Regarding being emotional I was also very emotional when I first received my bc diagnosis and really couldn't tell others without breaking into tears. I think this is normal emotional response because our lives have been hurled out of control and into the land of unknown until your exact diagnosis and treatment plan is figured out. I was especially terrified because my mother also died of bc in 1976, she was diagnosed at age 43 and died at age 51. I remember her having had a masectomy of her right breast, which was pretty much the only treatment option for ladies receiving this diagnosis in the 1960's. Treatment options have come a long way now (including reconstruction that was not available to my Mom) and I felt fortunate for that. Also, mine was not genetic but was ER+/PR+ Her2-.

I wanted to tell you that I found tremendous support with a local bc group of ladies in my community who meet monthly at a cancer center in city where I live. Between this online group and local support group I am well covered.

Celand