Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Hair regrowth solution

Options
AndreaM4567
AndreaM4567 Member Posts: 11

So after chemo my eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair never really came back the way they were before. I did not want to do Rogaine because I heard it deepens your voice. I don't know if that's true but I didn't want to take the chance.

While I was trying to figure out my hair growth issue, I had started on a skin care regime. Part of my skincare regime consists of micro needling. I started watching DIY skin care videos and fell upon this amazing channel and she also has a hair growth issue. She introduced a product called Velash and she started micro needling it in. She saw results so I bought Velash as well.

I have gotten through one box and I am incredibly impressed!

Here is the video on how to microneedle Velash: https://youtu.be/m6SGkGCrfYY

I got Velash here (use Code Jessica10 for a 10% discount): https://www.acecosm.com/categories/skin-booster/velash

And the Dr. Pen I use is the M8 (use code Jessica10 and get 11% off): https://drpenusa.com/

I still haven't found a way to grow my eyelashes but I just wear falsies. And my eyebrows are not that great still. I may try using the lash in my eyebrows to see if I can get them to thicken up a little bit but I just use a eyebrow pencil or something to try to fill them in.

I hope this helps anyone like me who didn't get their hair back.

Comments

• Maria_m79
    Maria_m79 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi Andrea!

How’s the growth going? Prior to my dx I was doing micro needling at home (Glo Pro) twice a week on my face and decided to try it on a thinning patch at my temple. The hair grew back nicely and I also tried it on my eyebrows and they got a lot more denser too

I’ve finished my chemo back in November and noticed I was having a lil issue with my lashes while they were growing back. I started using clean disposable eyelash wands (bight them in Dollarama) which I squirted some contact lense solutions on them and brush my lash line to stimulate the growth.

Hope this helps

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    edited January 2022
    Options

Maria - so glad you posted. I was looking for this thread yesterday and could not find it for the life of me. I'm considering looking into the Velash for my temple, but will also check Glo Pro as well.

My eyelashes came back very sparse and I had a small bald patch on one of my lower lids. I'm using LiLash and my eyelashes look amazing. The little bald patch is filling in. It's costly ($90), but it really works. I've tried other serums, but they left my eyes irritated and really dry, the lash line would get really red too. I've also use the Lilash on my eyebrows too and they too have been filling in nicely.

• TNBCthriver
    TNBCthriver Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2022
    Options

HI, for lashes try latisse. I am amazed. I've only used it for less than 2 weeks and my lashes are full and growing. I am SO glad I did it. My onc prescribed it to me.

I also apply it to my brows. It works very well and if you meet your deductible it's free since it's prescription. If you haven't met your deductible use a goodrx coupon and its like $30.