Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pericardial Effusion

Options
sarah_78
sarah_78 Member Posts: 119

I had an echo at the start of the chemo 3 months ago as a regular check before starting TCHP and today after 4th cycle, the cardiologist told me that the fluid around the heart seems a little more than she would be comfortable with. She then checked the one from 3 months ago and turns out I had it exactly like this all along but last doctor didn't note it down.

They told me not to worry but I am already stressed as it is. They will check it again in 3 weeks.

I also remember 10 years ago before I started chemo for Hodgkin's Lymphoma, cardiologist found fluid around heart and back then he thought it was because of Hodgkin's. No one checked what it is doing since then. May I have it since 10 years?

I'd be grateful for any experience/similar situation, any words of wisdom.

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,801
    Options

Sarah,

I was supposed to enter a clinical trial that required an echocardiogram. Fluid was found around my heart as well. After more imaging, PET, it was determined that the fluid was idiopathic. That was 10 years ago and although it can still be seen, it is unchanged and has no effect on my health. Take care.

• sarah_78
    Options

Thank you exbrnxgrl for your answer. It calms me down a little.

You had radiation around that area? Now I am a little concerned if they want me to do radiation since BC is on my left breast.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,801
    Options

No, I have never had rads to that area. I was essentially stage IV de novo. The only rads I have had are to my bone met.

• sarah_78
    Options

Thank you, I was wondering if it could be result of radiotherapy for me (from 10 years ago, rads for Hodgkins). Very probably though it was there even before that.

• sarah_78
    Options

I would like to add here for the others who are checking it out later: Normal range according to google is up to 10mm, mine written down in report is 11 mm.