Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

38 and Diagnosed this morning

LemonPink
LemonPink Member Posts: 8
edited January 2022 in Just Diagnosed

Hi. I'm 38 with two young kids. Got the call this morning. 3 lumps were found in my right breast, all three cancerous. So far I know that two were grade 3 and one is grade 2. I have DCIS and IDC. All of the lumps are 1cm or less. Initial mammogram and ultrasounds didn't show any activity in my lymph nodes. Still waiting on the pathology for the horomone receptors. I have been monitered pretty closely given a family history with breast cancer and several fibroadenomas over the past 20 years. Radiologist told me he belives we caught it as soon as we possibly could have. I had a scan in August for a fibroadenoma in my left (has since gone away) and a mammogram on both left and right showed nothing. I found the lump myself when my 3 year old climbed on me and elbowed me in the breast a few days before Christmas. My one lump that I can feel has been moveable (confimed by initial review by OBGYN) and was very painful. I have two appointments in the next two weeks with breast surgeons. Waiting for the next step I guess.

Comments

• PRbonita45
    PRbonita45 Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2022

Hello LemonPink,

So sorry you have found yourself here. I was also just diagnosed in November. The figuring out and the waiting and the coordinating of doctors is all a bit overwhelming but I assure you, that this website will help guide you through. There are so many insightful forums with women who have walked in our shoes or perhaps are still walking in our shoes. The moderators are great as well! You and your family are in my thoughts as you begin this journey...

PRbonita45

• smoothoperator78
    smoothoperator78 Member Posts: 72
    edited January 2022

So grateful you found it so early. I also found mine through a fluke and most mammograms don’t find tumors until they reach almost 1cm. Indeed, it was found early. Glad your child elbowed you! Now, you can get treatments sooner and finish sooner.

• star2017
    star2017 Member Posts: 370
    edited January 2022

I'm so sorry, LemonPink. I was diagnosed at 37, so I understand how you feel. Never had a mammo before and felt the lump myself. Please know that there are many ways to treat this, and we're all here to support you. Take it one day at a time, and please feel free to ask questions.

• msphil
    msphil Member Posts: 184
    edited January 2022

you came to right place with us here who have been there and some still going thru. I was 42 yrs old making plans for our 2nd marriages when I found lump in shower. Got 2nd opinion and was agreed idc stage2 0/3 nodes 3mo chemo before and after Lmast wanted lumpectomy but was advise to mastectomy. Praise God this yr 2022 will be 28yr Survivor. Hold on get treatment plan in place things will ease some. Hang in there sweetie. msphil

• msphil
    msphil Member Posts: 184
    edited January 2022

con t msphil I also did 7 wks rads and 5yrs on tamoxifen. Adriamycin cytoxin 5 Fu was my chemo. Hat reconstruction but body rejected the expanded high temp was rushed to E R by then fiance now husband wear prosthesis in bra since.no problem. Again Hope this helps gives you Inspiration.

• btwnstars
    btwnstars Member Posts: 81
    edited January 2022

I'm sorry LemonPink, I was also 38, but good for you for monitoring and getting it taken care of right away. That is super early to catch. I found mine and waited a couple months for my doc appt because of covid at the time. The waiting is the hardest part! Once you have a more clear diagnosis and plan then it becomes manageable and just one step at a time. I hope you have a good support system, lean on people, ask for help, ask for prayers, let people help you, and if not, there are great resources and groups out there, often breast surgeons can recommend.

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 552
    edited January 2022

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I was 38 when I was diagnosed with my first bout. My daughter was 4 at the time. It's definitely hard, but someday you'll be on the other side of treatment looking back. Hang in there!