Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Realism in a time of grief

cyathea
cyathea Member Posts: 327
edited January 2022 in Who or What Inspires You?

Mark Pollock and Simone George TED Talk

“Acceptance is knowing that grief is a raging river. And you have to get into it. Because when you do, it carries you to the next place. It eventually takes you to open land, somewhere where it will turn out OK in the end. “

Simone says this so beautifully. The balance between optimism and realism (hope and acceptance) is something everyone in this community understands. While eventually we all must face an “end”, we all seek to have the best QOL in the meantime. Easier said than done, of course, but their story is an inspiration that I thought too good to keep to myself

Comments

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,016
    edited January 2022

loved it, thank you for sharin

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,044
    edited January 2022

This is an amazing TED talk. Tears in my eyes. Thank you Cyathea for sharing. And I will save & selectively share the Simone's quote with friends when the time comes & they are mourning & trying to move on.

>>>"Acceptance is knowing that grief is a raging river. And you have to get into it. Because when you do, it carries you to the next place. It eventually takes you to open land, somewhere where it will turn out OK in the end. "<<<

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    edited January 2022

Cyathea - thank you! This is very powerful! I, too, will save and share this quote if/when needed.