Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Taxol side effects- Dr. Said I may just go to surgery

Options
Bonniebleu
Bonniebleu Member Posts: 33

This is a local recurrance after a DMX/reconstruction in 2016. Same breast. This time rumor is grade 3

I did 4 A/C chemo starting in December and just finished #3 Taxol today. Taxol number 1 & 2 I had excruciating lower back pain starting around day 3. Dr. Prescribed pain pills and it was better

Second Taxol I was having severe diarrhea - 4-5 times a day.. I went in for fluids the day before and they did a CDIFF test that came back negative. I do have a history of IBS. She has prescribed me something stronger than Imodium. It didn't s em to help. In fact when I got home later today I had another episode. I was hoping it's just a bug I picked up. It's been like this for at least ten days.my bloodwork is coming back okay. I don't leave the house. Sorry if TMI.

Anyway, today I asked her if there is anyway to lesson the diarrhea and she said No, and that I would probably just go on to surgery.

I'm very sad about this and scared that if I don't finish all twelve treatments it' won't get rid of all the cancer. I’ve lost a very bit of hair on my body, and now to just stop?

Has anybody gone through this?

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited March 2022
    Options

Not exactly. I did 4 a/c, then had one taxotere. Severe allergic reaction to that, MO stopped the remaining 3. On to surgery for bmx. Was NED for 7 years, then reoccurrence on other side. Surgery for that and rads. Currently on ibrance/letrozole, had PET last week, still NED.

Can it come back again? Yes. Will it? Hope not. Am I worried? Not loosing sleep. If it does I’ll handle it. You will too.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited March 2022
    Options

Even completing a full chemo treatment plan doesn't guarantee that you won't experience a recurrence. Finishing all the chemo also doesn't remove that constant little background fear that the cancer will return.

Do the best you can, and know you did your best. After that it's up to luck and the universe.

• Bonniebleu
    Bonniebleu Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2022
    Options

Good points! Thank You 😊! This is a constant roller coaster, I don’t know why I expected anything different.

• WC3
    WC3 Member Posts: 658
    edited April 2022
    Options

bonniebleu:

I found diet played a role in my GI symptoms. If I ate a full meal I would pay for it later. I did much better with eating in small snack throughout the day. Also what I ate had a big impact. I could not tolerate Swanson's Chicken broth. Any other brand was fine but Swanson's would have me doubled over on the toilet with stomach cramps and diarrhea within a minute of eating a spoonful.