Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

New here

quakermaid50
quakermaid50 Member Posts: 2
edited June 2022 in Just Diagnosed

Hi all,

just got the call no one wants— I have lobular breast cancer. I don’t know anything further than that.

Thanks,

Cynthia

Comments

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,689
    edited June 2022

Welcome and sorry you are diagnosed. You find good support here I know with people who are diagnosed when you were and are in treatment at the same time which can also help you know you are healing at the same rate, etc. Everyone is different and every cancer is different. We all make different choices in our treatment as well. You have to have a doctors you trust and a good support system around you and you can keep going. Best wishes to you as you go through this.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,813
    edited June 2022

Dear quakermaid50,

We are very sorry for your diagnosis. We are so glad that you reached out to join our community. You have come to a great place to be in the company of others who truly understand what it means to be diagnosed with breast cancer. We hope that you will find the information and resources and support that you need to proceed with whatever comes in the way of treatment and beyond. Please feel free to reach out to us the mods if we can offer any assistance to you as you find your way around. We are all with you here.

The Mods

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited June 2022

Quakermaid sorry to hear of your diagnosis. It means you are going to have a lot of medical appointments and decisions to make but you will get through this. Gather your medical team and ask for support here when you need understanding because we all get it.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,546
    edited June 2022

Hi Cynthia, I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. I agree that you will find lots of support here.

One thing that you may find helpful is to make a binder for all of your cancer stuff - reports, handouts they may give you, test results, contact info, etc. You'll be getting an overwhelming load of information and I found it helpful when I was first diagnosed to have all my info in one place.

If you're allowed to have someone with you when you meet with your doctors, it may also be helpful. That person can be a second set of ears and eyes and can take notes. Either way, ask your doctors to give you copies of their recommendations, etc.

This is a crazy, overwhelming time for you. I think you might start to feel a bit more in control as you meet with your medical team.

Carol

• quakermaid50
    quakermaid50 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022

thank you all! My consultation with a surgeon is Wednesday. I haven’t yet met with an oncologist — is that something I should expect, or is the surgeon going to be the main person?

• moderators
    edited June 2022

quakermaid50, it will depend on what treatment(s) are suggested. If chemotherapy and/or hormonal treatment are recommended, you'll be leaning alot on a medical oncologist. Your surgeon will be the first person, then he/she will refer you further for consultation likely. It's also dependent on the size and location of the treatment center.

• jjfrecks
    jjfrecks Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

Hi Quakermaid,

I too, am newly diagnosed (6/6). I am gathering information and going for a 2nd opinion next week.

I have invasive ductal cell carcinoma, 11 mm, grade 3. surgery is first step.

I am HER2 neg, est. pos (40%) and pos. neg.

I am looking for support as I embark on this journey.

jjfrecks

• moderators
    edited June 2022

Dear jjfrecks, we're so very sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but we're really glad you've found us, welome! You may be interested in checking out the main Breastcancer.org site's pages on Getting a Second Opinion, where you'll learn more on why, where and when to get them, and what to expect. Hope this helps, and hope you get the support you need here in this wonderful community!

Best wishes, and please keep us updated on how you're doing.

The Mods