Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dx'd 7/1/2022

Options
gracebuchanan
gracebuchanan Member Posts: 6
edited July 2022 in Just Diagnosed

6mm x 3mm x 2mm suspicious nodule detected under my dense breast tissue, by extremely thorough ultrasound technician. My first response: "Thank you!" I'd rather know now than discover it 5 or 10 years from now.

Biopsy 6/29/2022: as pleasant as could be! The nicest team!

Results 7/1/2022:

invasive ductal and lobular carcinoma

Estrogen positive, progesterone and HER2 negative

My first response: courage, confidence, delight that it waited until now to show up, clearer priorities!

Met cancer team 7/8/2022, stage 1a, blood draw for full genetics panel

Excited that an integrative medicine practioner is a member of the team. We both admire Dr. Mark Hyman, so I'm especially looking forward to spending some time with this dr.

MRI 7/20/2022

Current treatment plan:

Any biopsies as a result of the MRI

Lumpectomy August, then radiation (unless I can join a clinical trial) and hormone therapy.

The MRI result, pathology report from lump and sentinel nodes, and genetics test results might change the treatment plan.

I'm not attached to any particular test results. I get tired, angry, frustrated, impatient...but I'm mostly taking all of this in stride. I knew it was likely to happen. I have ancestors who had breast cancer.

What are you experiencing?

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,907
    Options

Welcome, gracebuchanan. We're so sorry you find yourself here, but we hope you find this community to be a source of support and encouragement as you begin down this road! It sounds like you are in good hands and have a positive outlook, which is so incredibly important. You are not alone, and this community is with you!

The Mods

• murfy
    murfy Member Posts: 254
    Options

I'm not sure I've read about anyone as accepting of their diagnosis AND ready to take on the challenge it presents! Your attitude is amazing and will take you far!

You ROCK, Grace! <3

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    Options

Hi Grace!

Great attitude to have! Keep staying positive, it's half the battle! I agree with Murfy, you do rock!!

• gracebuchanan
    Options

Thank you! I appreciate the connections and resources here.

• gracebuchanan
    Options

Thanks murfy for being here. I've seen many different responses and effects of cancer diagnoses, and hugely appreciate the inspiring ones. I aim to share my positivity, and the ways that I deal with my tiredness, anger, frustration, impatience. Experiencing the effects of the influence of cancer thrivers in me is amazing!

My MRI results: no more biopsies needed.

Scheduled for lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy August 1, pending genetics test results, which were expected Tuesday...

• gracebuchanan
    Options

Thanks for welcoming me and cheering me on!