Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

(pCr) after neoadjuvant chemo, still worried about recurrence.

Options

Diagnosed with Her2+, ER/PR Negative, Ki-67 90%, Stage 2B IDC, 2 positive nodes worried that even with pCr some people still have recurrence. Are any others in this same situation? I understand that the high Ki-67 is a double edge sword… it should respond well to Herceptin and Perjeta (which it did) but if there are any remaining cancer cells left after my last adjuvant Phesgo shot (Aug 22) it seems like it could come roaring back. My onc. Tells me the milestone to make is 3 years after the end of radiation treatment. Which I've never seen specified anywhere else. I thought recurrence or DFS was defined as after end of adjuvant chemo or some say after surgery

Comments

• melbo
    melbo Member Posts: 266
    edited July 2022
    Options

my stats were almost identical to yours and everything I have read/heard about our specific type of breast cancer is that it’s one of the best versions you can have. My oncologist says with PCR there is a 95% chance it’s cured and he had never seen a recurrence in his practice. Another article I read a few months ago labeled er/or neg, her2 pos as the most curable version of the disease.

The numbers give me comfort and now that I am 2 years from diagnosis and 1 year since completing treatment it’s getting a lot easier to forget cancer for whole hours at a time and to stop thinking every little twinge might be related to cancer.

I haven’t actually heard which time frame to measure it by — but I have a check up in a couple of weeks and hopefully I will remember to ask.

• melbo
    melbo Member Posts: 266
    edited July 2022
    Options