Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Newly diagnosed

Fitmom04
Fitmom04 Member Posts: 40
edited July 2022 in Just Diagnosed

I just came back from my appointment. Not all tests are back, waiting on one but I have Invasive Mammary Carcinoma, she said right now it's stage 1, but until the last test comes in, we won't know for sure. She was talking about ER and PR I think and one still has not come in. One was low positive, then negative and the last one we don't know. I will have lumpectomy in about 2 weeks to remove it, then radiation for sure, but not sure on chemo yet, depends what the last test shows. So much information, but now I know what I'm dealing with and we have a plan. She wanted me to have a mammogram last year but forgot and had this year. She said it was a good thing, since I would have had my next one next year and that would have not been good. Very overwhelmed with all the info but at least we have a plan and we can move forward.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,816
    edited July 2022

Bohartois, we're so very sorry to hear this news. But we are so very happy you've found us -- we're all here for you as you find out more about your diagnosis and treatment plan. Others will be by shortly to weigh in with their advice, encouragement, and information, but we wanted to send you gentle hugs and let you know we're here.

--The Mods

• gracebuchanan
    gracebuchanan Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2022

Such a hard time right now, figuring out what the test results mean, waiting for more tests and their results, each test result having the potential to change the treatment plan...

Hooray for remembering your mammogram! Hooray for catching your carcinoma at stage 1! Best wishes for patience, celebration, and optimism through your journey!

• melbo
    melbo Member Posts: 266
    edited July 2022

the first weeks are the hardest. Once you start treatment and wrap your head around everything it starts getting easier. Don’t beat yourself up too much about missing the mammogram last year, chances are it wouldn’t have caught anything anyway if this it’s still a small tumor now. It sounds like it was still caught early and that’s the most important thing right now.

• msphil
    msphil Member Posts: 184
    edited July 2022

yes sweetheart move forward we are here for you knowing what your feel. Once all plan in place things ease up a little. Only in my family with breast cancer felt alone on that aspect but plenty of love and support. My fiance now husband family friends and my faith got me thru. Didn't know about this site or uf it was even afoul d in 1993 when diagnosed while planning our 2nd marriages. Praise God I m 28 yr Survivor so far Inspiration in come back to show with Hope its possible. msphil idc stage2 0/3 nodes 3mo chemo before and after L mast got married and 7 wks rads and 5yrs on tamoxifen. Hold on sweetie