Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone have an enlarged lymph node post mastectomy

Options
Bluegirl27
Bluegirl27 Member Posts: 28

Anyone here ever have a false negative sentinel node biopsy or find an enlarged lymph node on chest wall within 2 months of mastectomy? I had follow up.with surgeon today and showed him the lump that feels like its a lymph node. He is doing a biopsy on Thursday. I'm praying it's nothing! I haven't even seen oncology yet because oncologist ordered a second Oncotype test on a different pathology.specimen. I had 2 tumors but the 2nd one was found after my biopsy on the presurgery MRI and now I'm wondering if the 2nd tumor may be a different type but they didn't find it or note it???

Comments

• bong
    bong Member Posts: 40
    Options

I had an enlarged node on my collarbone post mastectomy. It was soft and the skin above red. I was advised that it was probably swelling post surgery and wasprescribed antibiotics. It cleared in less than a week

I was advised that post mastectomy that area is likely to have swelling and inflammation and not to be too overly concerned as any such issueswould dissipate with time. It did.

All the best to you. Hoping your situation turns out to be nothing as well

• Bluegirl27
    Options

Yeah there is no redness or pain there and it's on the chest wall, I will find out soon.enough. He put in the notes something like there is a 1 cm palpable mass on the chest wall possibly a lymph node, Core Biopsy scheduled.9/8/22.

Thank you.

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

I had a lot of swelling post mastectomy and soreness in those lymph nodes on the chest wall as well. Mastectomy is a very rough surgery and your body can respond by over activating that lymphatic system. That being said, I am very glad they are being so careful with you and sending good energy that it is all benign.

• Bluegirl27
    Options

Thank God it came back negative! It was a mixture of stuff and fat necrosis! So happy!

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Bluegirl27 what wonderful news! So very happy for you and thanks for coming back with your update!