Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting chemo April 2023

Options

Comments

• iamnobird
    iamnobird Member Posts: 229
    Options

Mouse: So many hugs and good thoughts and healing energies your way. That is definitely a plot twist, but they sound like they are moving quickly and have a solid plan to treat the metastases. And I remain so impressed by your calm demeanor. I love that you aren’t wired for panic. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending all of the good energy your way. Thank you for checking in with us and sharing your news. I am sorry that you had to stay in the hospital as well, but glad that it led to this discovery so that they can treat it.♥️♥️♥️♥️

• njdogmom
    njdogmom Member Posts: 181
    Options

Mouse: What a rough week! We've missed you! The ER is a frightening place and isolation is not fun. As you mentioned, for all of the scanning that we've had done, brain scans seem not to be on the list until we have a symptom. Glad they checked it while you were in the hospital and that your care team put a plan in place quickly. We are here with and for you every step of the way, Mouse. Sending hugs and healing vibes your way. ❤️

• catm
    catm Member Posts: 130
    Options

Hi everyone,

Mouse, I just read your post and my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry you went to the hospital & had to isolate, go through so much and then get a BC diagnosis related to your brain. I’m at a loss for words (which is rare for me!) to express to you how much my heart goes out to you. We are here for you during this journey in general and for the procedures happening right now. I will be praying for you and in particular on Friday the day of your surgery.

Dogmom: Any update on your neck pain & port, bloodwork? How’s your fur baby? (He hasn’t had surgery yet, right?)

Bird: so sorry about your dad & mom, and your brother’s lack of response. Juggling elder care is so incredibly difficult, let alone from another country. I agree with Dogmom, finding an advocate for your parents and/or a social worker might help as their needs change. I really do know how hard this is and I’d like to share that right now is a moment in time with your parents but it isn’t your entire story with them from a lifetime of caring, loving & support. You, besides the BC. also have 4 other people you need to take care of in addition to your parents. My mother and I were extremely close. She lived alone and independently in a different state (Florida), except for the last few months of her life. She also had many health issues and I was her primary caregiver for years, traveling back and forth. She said to me many times, “There’s nothing we need to say to each other.” This was such a gift because she was saying to me: “We are at peace. If something happens when you aren’t with me, we are good & have a lifetime together, not just this particular moment in time.” I hope this might bring you some comfort as I’m sure your parents in their hearts feel the same.

Apologies for being out of touch this week. It has been a whirlwind week of travel with much less downtime than I anticipated. I was at MD Anderson Mon-Wed. Good news is the tumors are responding to the chemo. The oncologist at MDA said they had decreased in size by 78%- very good news indeed. The oncologist at MDA also was good with me doing either 2 more rounds of TCHP OR 4 rounds of AC, which Dr. Park at Vandy recommends. I think I’ll do the 4 rounds of AC as that’s what Dr. Park recommends over 2 more rounds of TCHP.

Surgery: the surgeon at MDA does not want to try to save the nipples, particularly because of the multiple tumors situation. She also said the 2 tumors pushing on the pectoral muscle appeared to have tentacles so she wants it all removed. Also, because of these 2 tumors abutting the pectoral muscle with possible tentacles, she does not want any reconstruction done at the time of the mastectomy surgery. She wants to make sure the radiation can get to this area as unimpeded as possible. She’s an amazing surgeon so I’ll take her advice & have this surgery probably sometime in October. Radiation to follow then reconstruction probably 8 months later. BTW the plastic surgeon at MDA is more in favor of the flap procedure than implants.

Ok- I’m in Highlands NC now & the weather is so nice and cool! It’s my 59th bday. My daughter & I are off to the bougie spa for lunch & massages. Hubby & son join us later for dinner.

sending hugs to everyone!

Cat

• njdogmom
    Options

Cat: Happiest of Birthdays to you! May your day be filled with joy! Cheers! Doing the happy feet dance regarding your tumor shrinkage. So much to celebrate today! hugs

Mouse: Thinking of you this morning. Sending warm hugs and healing vibes. I hope you see great results quickly.

Bird: Was great chatting with you yesterday. Your assurance that surgery is the easy part really set my mind at ease. I hope your wound is looking better today.

I had a quick visit with the oncologist and she doesn't think the neck pain is lymph nodes. She ordered a port scan which is scheduled for Tuesday. I'll be pretty pissed off if they take my port out. I still have 3 rounds of AC and then many months of Keytruda left to deal with.

The dog hasn't had surgery yet. Dealing with scheduling that between chemo rounds and the rest of my appointments knowing that I am a zombie for the first 8 days post chemo. Next step is a chest x-ray to make sure he doesn't have lung mets. In the interim, he seems to have gotten some of his sparkle back with the new pain med the oncologist added for him. I'm happy that he's enjoying barking at the UPS guy and is willing to play tug and swat at the laser pointer.

Thankful that I still have enough hair for a deep part comb over. Thankful the dog has sparkle. Thankful for all of you!

• njdogmom
    Options

Wig sites I was told to take a look at when I went to the recovery shop at my infusion center:

• catm
    Options

Hi again

Dogmom: glad your fur baby has some sparkle going. I can’t imagine taking on his surgery right now too on top of everything else! Huge ugh and ugh too about the port. I hope whatever it is, it’s an easy fix! We could all use a little easy right now right?

Sending healing vibes & hugs

Cat

• iamnobird
    Options

Cat: Happy happy birthday. And what fantastic news about the tumor. It is shrinking away to nothing! Your surgeon sounds great and like she has a good plan for you. I thinj that a flap, in the hands of a skilled surgeon, is a very good outcome surgery when it is time to make that decision. And thank you for your lovely words about aging parents. This is the hard part of being a professional expat. Leaving people behind and not being able to get back and forth as easily as I would like.

NJ: I was happy to talk to you yesterday as well. It definitely picked my mood up a bit. Thanks for the wig sites.

Mouse: Thinking of you today and hoping that your surgery went really well and that you are recuperating and getting lots of good rest

We are in the Finnish archipelago area for our early 29th anniversary trip. I was telling NJ yesterday that my abdominal incision actually had reopened a tiny bit yesterday. Totally random. The chemo appears to be woennnf so well that it attacked the cell growth in the part of my abdomen that had struggled to heal completely. They put me on antibiotics proactively and I also put silver dressing on the wound. I am so happy to say that it looked a ton better this morning and looks to be healing already. Which is a huge relief. Chris and I decided to go on with our trip but we aren’t staying tomorrow on the island proper. We are driving a shorter version of the trail and will stay on the mainland. We are in Naantali tonight which is adorable. I am only 30 minutes from a hospital if it was necessary which is reassuring to me. The island we had planned to stay on only had 4 ferries a day and we would have been a bit cut off there.

Photo of my strawberry/basil mocktail😀 and our little hotel claims they serve the world’s best waffles for breakfast.

• njdogmom
    Options

Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Bird!! The view is amazing!

• catm
    Options

Hi gals,

Just checking in on my “ soft start” day! Had a very nice bday yesterday complete w bday cake (made by my daughter) at the end of the night. We finished off the bday w a lively game of Yahtzee! (No one got Yahtzee! by the way) after realizing that my daughter (5 and 7 years younger than her brothers) had not been part of our endless Yahtzee! games as she was just a baby. She is now indoctrinated!

I didn’t end up getting a massage as the masseuse very appropriately asked if I hadn’t gotten the dr’s ok. Her dad had pancreatic cancer and massages were not ok. I decided it wasn’t worth the risk. I still enjoyed the spa and a glass of champagne.

Bird: great photo and I want to now make that mock tail! I brought basil from my garden so just need the strawberries.

I agree with you Bird that the surgeons at MDA have a good plan. Their standard of care feels more proactive and detailed than the Atlanta doctors standard of care.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Cat

• njdogmom
    Options

Cat: Sorry that you didn't get a massage. So smart to skip anything risky at this point. I'm glad your masseuse knew to ask and that you enjoyed the spa anyway.

Cat and Bird: I've been really reclusive since the start of chemo, partly to avoid exposure to illness and partly because I don't want to leave the fur baby alone for more than an hour or two. I have yoga mats, hot yoga towels and carpet runners all over the hardwoods and tile floors because he has traction issues. For as much coverage as I managed, he still gets stuck. He'll get out of his dog bed and if there's a foot of uncovered space between the bed and traction, he starts crying. The other dog is also known to sprawl out and block the traction paths. I'm living vicariously through your posts!

Mouse: I hope all is well - that you're resting and healing today. Thoughts are with you. Sending hugs!

• iamnobird
    edited July 2023
    Options

Cat: I am sorry that the massage didn’t work out. I wondered if it would be a no go or not. Just based on the fact that I had a place here refuse to microblade my brows 3 weeks before I started chemo just based on the fact that I had cancer and so I was “unhealthy”. I think some folks can be super cautious but I also think there are special oncology masseuse who know how to avoid certain areas like the lymph nodes and tumor beds. Etc. Anyways. It will be a treat when you finish for sure. And I love the Yahtzee story and the cake. I want to make a cake for Tuesday as it will be the last time I see my nurse before she retires. I’ll miss her for sure. I might do cupcakes. My mom had a social worker at the huge university Alzheimer’s center where my dad is a patient. But mom says the social worker just sends her links occasionally. My mom is also the most stubborn person in the world AND doesn’t want to spend money on his care (they have a very good nest egg) so it is really tricky.

NJ: Aw. I get that with your sweet fur baby and it is also sensible to protect yourself from illness. We were outside a lot on our trip and ate outdoors. Sat outside. Most of the time. But I did hotel breakfast this morning and it was so crowded. Freaked me out a bit. But it was a really good breakfast 😂.

Tomorrow is my bloodwork day. And also the day the cleaners come. They’re my favorites 😂😂. Fingers crossed all is well. My incision looks okay but it isn’t closed up yet. Nothing looks infected. It stinks because I can’t take baths again until it is fully healed. Which is probably after chemo! But I’ll try to be positive. The bath will be awesome when I can do it again. I’ve eaten so much good food on our anniversary getaway. Too much good food! But the timing was good as I have my taste buds back at the moment and no digestive nonsense.

Okay. Happy day to all! Pic of the lovely archipelago countryside. They mainly farm and fish I think. There are thousands of islands, but most are uninhabited. They also speak predominantly Swedish there instead of Finnish.

• iamnobird
    Options

My mocktail was a bit too sweet, but this recipe looks awesome.

Mouse: Thinking of you constantly and hoping that your surgery went well. ♥️♥️

• catm
    Options

Hi gals,

I’m relaxing and enjoying the cool weather in Highlands, NC. I’ll be back in Hotlanta tomorrow. I just finished playing Scrabble Junior (all we could find) with my daughter. It was fun. We also went for a walk into town which also felt good, though I’ll admit I’ve really felt fatigued lately so just doing about 1.5 miles was enough for me. I have some chest congestion too right now that just came upon me. It’s not too bad but I hope it doesn’t get worse of course.

I’m glad I’m feeling well today. Last night, all the sides came all at once and I felt very queasy. I ultimately just went to sleep (thankfully) and woke up feeling better. Do you experience this? Feeling ok one minute then feeling not so great the next? For me, the nausea can get bad but the meds def help. I also have a bad rash under eyes, looks terrible and is uncomfortable but tolerable. I’m not taking or posting photos with the rash and my face is bloated.

Dogmom: I love that you are hanging out with your fur baby. I would do the same and when one of my dogs had her amputation many years ago, I pretty much hung out with her all the time and hand fed her warm rotisserie chicken, the only thing she’d eat! I’m sorry he’s getting stuck here and there but know mom is there to help!

Bird: I totally get your mom and the stubbornness. In my case, my in-laws are/were two of the cheapest people you’ve ever met. They also have/had “means” so the cheapness in their case is their mindset. They also are/were hoarders so dealing with all of that whilst aging in their home has been quite the challenge for my husband who is the son who makes the decisions and gets things done. Thankfully, hubby has gotten to the other side of these challenges for now and his mom (his father passed away in March) is doing pretty well. I am sorry Bird this is also coming at you right now when your plate is already full. I hope your incision is improving too. I didn’t think of the no baths part. Ugh

Bird: love seeing those blue skies and all the gorgeous photos!

Mouse: am thinking of you constantly and hope surgery went well Friday and that you are resting comfortably.

I guess that’s all for now!

Xo

Cat

• njdogmom
    Options

Bird: Forgot to mention, I think the mocktail photo has the best dragon cloud I've ever seen!! Love hubcap chicken and egg too!

Cat: Glad you are feeling better today and that you have cooler weather to enjoy. Any scrabble is good scrabble! It's my favorite board game. I've been doing nytimes wordle and spelling bee daily hoping to clear some of the chemo fog. I'm not sure that it's helping but it does keep me entertained while I'm having coffee in the morning. I'm sorry the sides all hit you at once. That sounds overwhelming. The worst side for me is exhaustion and it does come on suddenly. It's not like an "I could use a nap" sort of tired. It's an "If I don't lie down, I'll fall down." kind of exhaustion.

Mouse: Thinking of you and sending healing vibes.

• iamnobird
    Options

Okay, call on Monday. Are we still on? What time works best? I can do earlier (10 am EST) or later. Just let me know what works and I will do my best to be there.

Cat: I’m so sorry about sides hitting all at once. That does sound like a lot on your getaway. And the rash:(. The daily Claritin I take seems to keep most rashes under control for me, but skin stuff has been a side that I have struggled with for sure. I actually wonder if AC might be a bit easier for you. I am hoping so. It does remove the taxanes which cause most of the skin stuff and carboplatin which is notorious for diarrhea. I’m also temporarily off the Herceptin and Perjeeta as well as giving them at the same time as the anthracyclines can be hard on the heart. That might also remove some of the diarrhea and rash culprits from your chemo. Anyways. Set expectations low and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. I mean, AC is definitely not great but your current tough regimen isn’t either. I am sure you already have, but I would mention congestion to your team. It might just be the fresh mountain air and all of the evergreens, but you don’t want it sitting there and leading to infection so maybe they can allow you to take something to dry it up.

NJ: I didn’t even notice the dragon but sure did once you mentioned it! Love that! I left little piles all over hotel rooms like a shedding dog lol. I didn’t wake up without any hair yet though so that is a win. The things you worry about when you do a little getaway during cancer treatment 🤣🤣. I brought a couple or caps just in case…I also worry about infections of one kind or another constantly. Luckily Finland is an insanely clean place for the most part.

Okay. I’m gonna push off so I get off to the hospital early and then swing by the store to get a few cupcake making supplies before they come to clean.

• njdogmom
    Options

10 am is good for me.

• catm
    Options

Good morning gals!

Phone call: Let me start off by saying I’m sorry I haven’t been able to join the phone calls lately. This past week has been an unusual week of travel. I probably can’t join today either as we checkout by 10:00 am then hit the (mountain) road winding back down to the interstate. I doubt there’ll be any coverage even if I tried to use the app on my cellphone. I think I’ll have better luck going forward joining the calls.

Are we trying to do Mondays at 10:00 am now, generally speaking? I’m going to put that on my calendar and, generally speaking, that’s a good time for me as well.

Dogmom: I’m addicted to Wordle! I play it over my first cup of coffee! I didn’t see the dragon either but now I do; very fun! I’m sorry about your exhaustion “side”. I’ve had that come upon me here & there and it has been how you have said, completely overwhelming. If I had to pick to have just one side, I’m not sure which I’d pick. They are all wrought with challenges. I hope that you are keeping your cell on you at all times “ just in case”. This is meant in the spirit of having each other’s backs and collectively making “one brain” from our chemo brains!

Speaking of…. Bird, thanks, you are right that I should ask my team about the congestion. I just messaged them. I agree too that it will be interesting to see how I do on the AC. I agree that I might actually do better with the sides than I have been doing with the TCHP. I am glad the regimen will have me finishing chemo (theoretically) earlier, Sept 13th.

What are your chemo end dates?

Bird: how much hair would you say you still have? I am all about trying to keep my hair too, even tho it’s not looking very good. It’s just something “normal” and something that’s part of our identities. I’ve embraced the wide headband look. Checkout the headbands from “Namjosh”, pricey but super fun! My kids gave me 2 for my birthday.

Love that you are making cupcakes Bird!

Mouse: sending healing thoughts your way!

Xo

Cat

• catm
    Options

Dogmom: what’s the update on your neck pain and your port?

• iamnobird
    Options

Call: Yes. Let’s aim for 10 am on Mondays. It’s okay if you can’t make it though. Never feel bad.

For posterity:

Bird: chemo end date August 15

Cat: September 13

Dog: September 7 (I think, please correct if I am wrong)

NJ: Maybe we will skip this call as we had a good chat on Friday? Unless you want to chat or need company in which case I am happy to pop on. I am just trying to finish a few things up before I go into yucky land for a bit.

Cat: Oh my gosh, I love those headbands. Like seriously. Definitely part of my look at some point. I am tempted right now, but suspect I might not be able to wear it for a bit as my hair is thinner and thinner. I’m not sure how folks estimate hair loss. I’ve lost a good amount, mostly on top. And it has been pretty consistently shedding for the last bit. So I am sadly about to end my headband look and move to little caps and such.

Here are some pics so you can see my current state. There is still a decent amount but I have a very wide part and the headband is a necessity or maybe Bobby pins to push it into place. Plus, if it doesn’t fall right in the back, I definitely can see scalp.

• njdogmom
    Options

No worries on skipping today. I have a busy day and week ahead.

• iamnobird
    Options

NJ: Hoping all is well at the port study tomorrow. Are you feeling better?

• njdogmom
    Options

Cat: Those headbands are amazing! Port study is tomorrow morning at 7:30 followed by an echocardiogram at 9:30am.

Mouse: Thinking of you and hope you are resting and healing. Sending virtual big hugs!

Bird: Thanks! Apologies for the delayed response. I had someone here fixing the battery backup on the sump pump. I have an appointment at the wellness boutique for wig selection at 2pm. I think I'm going with this wig https://reneofparis.com/product/codi-xo/ in the lightest blonde. We shall see :)

Last AC round is currently scheduled for 9/7.

The ENT called this morning. She reviewed the CT scan and thinks surgery would be helpful. She'll work with the oncologist to schedule it. Likely after the lumpectomy which isn't scheduled yet. All the additional things are getting tedious.

Catch you all later.

• iamnobird
    Options

Hello all!

I DO like that the EC chemo finishes up much more quickly. I was super emotional today as I feel a bit attached to my nurse Marianne and am sad that I won’t see her again. I think the other nurses are good, but they haven’t been doing this for 40 years nor were they married to an American (and have American citizen children). I felt like Marianne was a protector and would figure out a solution to anything.

Anyways. My blood work is all still quite good. My red blood cells are a tiny bit low now, but that is expected. All other values would be good for anytime according to my doc. Chemo is indeed the culprit behind my wound reopening and unfortunately, this is likely to be an issue. Apparently the Neulasta promoted healing (briefly) so that is when I had told y’all how great everything looks. Then the AC takes back over and attempts to decimate any cells that are trying to grow together. I am seeing my breast surgeon Friday so that he can take a look and reassure me. We just need to hold me together with pins and needles for a few more weeks. My nurse was surprised by how much hair I still have and said it has held on through a lot of treatment amazingly well. She says I might save enough to show under a hat, but also suggested cutting or shaving if a large volume comes out. I guess this is the time period for the biggest shed. Gulp. But she said that cold capping should help my hair regrow quickly and gave me a recommendation for a local product that helps with regrowth. She also said, and this is lovely, that she actually got dreadlocks about a decade ago (her hair is beautiful and incredibly long) mostly because she was tired of having bad hair days and fussing about with her hair. With dreads there is one style. She wanted to focus on her personality, being kind and warm and loving, rather than her appearance. I kinda love that and am like yeah, me too! So I suppose a bald head gives that experience.

Oh, also said that cyclophosphamide, the C in the regimen- is the oldest chemo —apparently it is derived from the same ingredients as mustard gas in ww1. A doctor noticed that soldiers exposed to mustard gas had no white or red blood cells. It had blasted them to oblivion and wondered what it would do for folks with leukemia. And bam, still using it as a very effective way to zap our cells. But how desperate were they to fight cancer, to decide that poison was a good alternative. Thankful for all the folks that came before and allowed them to learn so much.

NJ: Ugh I hear you. So much stuff to coordinate after chemo finishes. I am dreading the dermatology, dentist appointments, heart appointment, etc. that all need to be squeezed in after I finish. I really like that wig. It is very modern and like a bob with a twist. Is that what you chose? Hoping you get answers at the port study today

I got a baggie of steroids as an “extra” this time, they said that if I don’t feel well even after I take my nausea meds, I can take the steroids to give me a little jolt of energy and to alleviate nausea even more. If I am like last time, I might not take them as I don’t like the sleep effects. We shall see. Okay now I am tired and am going to nap.

• njdogmom
    edited July 2023
    Options

• Bird: Happy for your nurse that she got to retire. Understandable that you'll miss the comfort and insight that came with her care. Did she enjoy her cupcakes? My standing instructions for AC include a couple of days of lower dose steroids after chemo. I was such a zombie those first bunch of days that the steroids didn't keep me awake. I don't think anything would have kept me awake. Yes - I ordered that wig in the lightest blonde. There wasn't a color close to mine for that style so it became a choice of color vs. style. I figured for the first wig, short, light weight and easy to manage was more important than a perfect color. I'm still in headband coverage mode most of the time. The part in my hair is looking more like a super-highway so I thought I should order a wig sooner rather than later.

• Port scan went well. The port and catheter are in good shape. So still no explanation for the neck pain but so thankful that I don't have to get a new port! In case anyone has to have one done - same room where the port placement was done. No anesthesia needed. I remembered to numb my port! :) They take a couple of stills, they flush your port, they test blood draw, they inject you with contrast and ask you to hold your breath for a couple of seconds and they're done. Not sure what was going on during the echocardiogram but they needed to do image enhancement. I don't see results released yet. Fingers crossed that nothing is wrong.

• catm
    Options

Hi gals,

Checking in.

Hair: Bird, I know you started with a lot of hair but from your pics, to me it looks like you still have a lot. I think you are rocking the headband look and I’m trying to do the same! I, guessing I’ve lost about 30% of my hair. It’ll be interesting to see what happens when I start AC next week. Dogmom: love the sassy wig! Super cute! Oh, I’m not sharing any photos right now with my face rash. Nasty! Saw dermatologist yesterday. It’s periocular dermatitis. I’m on antibiotics and waiting on a compounded topical cream. Oh the sides, the sides! Bird: I’m taking Mucinex for the chest congestion per the team’s recommendation.

Bird: I’m sorry to hear about your incision opening and the resulting worry, totally understandable. Im glad your doctor will be taking a look at it.

Dogmom: glad your port is okay. How bad is your neck pain? Any improvement? Is your blood work good?

Yes I do agree that all these chemo related “other things” really are becoming tedious.

Tomorrow I get labs done. Thursday I have an echocardiogram.

Tonight I’m going to a friend’s house for dinner with one other couple. I was a bit hesitant to accept the invitation not knowing how I’d be feeling but so far so good today (tho last night another super queasy night for me). Hubby really likes these couples so I’m trying to be a bit “normal” for him, face rash and all! Trying to be “normal” is a bit exhausting isn’t it?

Guess that’s all for now.

Xo

Cat

• njdogmom
    Options

Hair is falling out by the handfuls this evening. I had a busy morning at the hospital, an afternoon of chores and then an unexpected visitor this evening so no naps. This evening I feel nauseated. I'm thinking it's from the lack of rest.

Cat: Good luck with labs and the echo. I hope you had a fun evening!

Bird: Mustard gas. How interesting! 🤣

Mouse: Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way.

• iamnobird
    Options

Good morning all:

I am feeling okay this morning actually. And last night. So I’ll take it. I mean. Not great, but not as bad as last time maybe. Although chemo, as well all know, is full of surprises around every bend. Each day is like a box of chocolates (no,,wait🤣🤣🤣) maybe poisoned ones. My mother is finally tired enough of the situation to spend money and find a memory care ward. So she is touring a couple today and tomorrow. She can work on a better long term finance plan once he is in a safe place. I think the homes have staff that helps and we have found some elder care attorneys. My brother and I could also help, but I think they are really quite financially set. It’s just convincing mom to spend the money.

NJ: Yep, my hair is shedding like mad also. I am glad the port study went well and crossing my fingers all is well with the Echo. I know how worrisome all of that is for sure. And an unexpected visitor? What is up with that? Was it okay?

Cat: Geez, what the heck with the random rash that I had to google? I’m so sorry. I hope it responds quickly to treatment. And I hope that you had a nice, side free evening that felt normal. And yes, I totally get the exhaustion involved in being normal! And it is amazing that you have 70% of your hair left! That seems really promising. I think I probably have 40 or so. My part is wide and the top is patchy and it feels so much thinner than normal. Chris was saying that based on the amount of hair he sees in the bathroom, he is shocked I have so much left 🤣, Same. Sending lots of good vibes to you for the bloodwork and Echo.

• iamnobird
    Options

And hahaha, my kid wants to do a Barbenheimer marathon this weekend and I’m like, uh, no way can I make over 6 hours of movies. So we have agreed on Barbie first, if I am feeling okay.

• iamnobird
    Options

Chatty on steroids today. Sorry.
    Just sharing a link for these headband thingies. They can be worn as a little cap as well when unfolded and are sort and light and cheap. Me coming at ya this morning with rosy fat cheeks from the steroids!

Cat; So the gorgeous Namgosh, are they super comfy or do they dig into your head. I’ve moved mostly to self tied scarves because headbands always bother me. I think I am super sensitive to them.

• njdogmom
    edited July 2023
    Options

I was just going to link Natural Life this morning Bird! I ordered 2 headbands and a house gift for my sister in law from them yesterday. Not sure how I found them. Have you linked them before? Was also going to link Buff too which I've been using forever for hiking. https://www.buff.com/us/headwear/headbands.html Personal preference when I have hair is the pirate. It might work with less hair. I'll test it out later. Here are some videos on ways to style long tube headwear

https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+ways+to+use+a+buff&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS998US998&oq=youtube+ways+to+use+a+buff&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIGCAEQRRhA0gEIODY4OGowajSoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_aSjBZOmMLMqgptQPlKiOiAI_31