Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Recurrence fears

Options

Hi

It's been a while since I've been on this forum and it's all changed! I hope I'm posting in the right place, Dx'd Feb 2012. Some people may remember me.

I am experiencing burning sensations in the reconstructed breast with some pain too. Obviously worried about metastatic disease.

Has anyone else had similar?

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,770
    Options

Hi,

If you’ve been experiencing pain for at least two weeks please call your doctor. You should have no worries about metastatic disease as metastatic means the cancer has moved to organs* beyond the breast and breast pain would not be a symptom. While it’s possible to have a local recurrence, only your doctor can make that diagnosis. Take care

*typically bone, brain, liver , lungs. Cancer confined to the breast is not metastatic.

• lucca06
    lucca06 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Hi wintersocks, this exact thing happened to me earlier this year (I was diagnosed in 2011) It was a really intense burning sensation in my reconstructed breast and sometimes my armpit. I was referred back to the breast unit and had an ultrasound. It was all clear with nothing of concern just a lot of scar tissue which the doctor said might be causing it. It's stopped now and I haven't had it for a couple of months. I think mine might possibly have been triggered by exercise? Hope that gives you some reassurance but like exbrnxgrl says best to get it checked.

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 753
    Options

I also get pains here and there, and I had 1 post diagnosis biopsy in year 2 and was found to be fat necrosis. I too, believe it was brought on by exercise, so I don't tempt my breasts with push ups, weight training, or really heavy lifting because it could cause further issues. Hope all i turns out to be fine.

• francesca30
    francesca30 Member Posts: 63
    Options

it's been 4 years for me and I still get pains all over my body. Lucca may be right, it might be triggered by exercise, I noticed a lot of soreness in the axillary and mastectomy area after work out.

• newnorm
    newnorm Member Posts: 53
    Options

wintersocks I’ve got my fingers crossed everything is ok for you. Please let us know. You’ve always been inspiration for others. Hopefully all is ok.

• clars
    clars Member Posts: 40
    Options

Hi @wintersocks I hope you are ok. I just wanted to say so many of your old posts have given me such a boost. I’ve read a lotttttt of threads from way back and your name stands out x

• castigame
    castigame Member Posts: 336
    Options