Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

What are your favorite ways to relax and destress during your breast cancer experience?

Options

Choose one or more options below and feel free to elaborate and share specific recommendations in the comments below! We'd love to hear from you!

What are your favorite ways to relax and destress during your breast cancer experience? 41 votes

Reading a good book or magazine
9%
kotchajsandandwaveslady_arualasusanah65 4 votes
Being in nature by enjoying long walks or hikes, gardening, or birdwatching
24%
karen1956gailmarylaughinggullgardengurlkathleen103AJestrellicaemily23kellylwolfshrinkrap59 10 votes
Practicing meditation, mindfulness, deep breathing exercises, and/or relaxation techniques
9%
larstlolany10momofquackytoddlerlexladydi1 4 votes
Staying active by engaging in gentle yoga or stretching exercises, or other light forms of exercise
7%
cardplayerrancarjodilyn5 3 votes
Listening to calming music or podcasts
7%
anne333cape-art-greettammy2020 3 votes
Watching your favorite movies or TV shows
14%
jewelkid87shoocpeggums22y-notgriffychillyg 6 votes
Spending quality time with loved ones
4%
keris113roochelle17 2 votes
Creative activities like art, painting, crafts, or writing
7%
jodyjkatgdawnimpens 3 votes
Participating in support groups or therapy
4%
radtchr06casey714 2 votes
Napping and resting
9%
nativemainerspookiesmommamabearhugsmay12 4 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• salamandra
    salamandra Member Posts: 736
    Options

Pokemon Go - it gets me out of the house and moving in nature and also distracts my brain. I walk a lot. Also petting my cat. Eating comfort foods, for sure, it's not the healthiest coping mechanism but I guess it's not the worst either.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,982
    Options

Thanks for elaborating, @salamandra! Pokemon Go is definitely an unexpected β€” but completely reasonable and creative β€” answer! Good for you getting out and about!

And we know our furry friends can definitely help our mental health. Have you seen this podcast we did?

Thanks for sharing with us! Would love to hear from others as well!

β€”The Mods

• kathleen103
    kathleen103 Member Posts: 25
    Options

Gardening and yardwork get me outside with sun, breeze, birds, squirrels, rabbits, flowers, shrubs, and big oak trees. I've always enjoyed being outside. When I take care of my yard, I take care of myself also.

• moderators
    Options

@kathleen103 - That sounds amazing! If you're interested in connecting with others who share the same passion, we have a thread called "Gardening, anyone?" where members share pictures of their yards and talk about their gardening experiences. Feel free to jump in and say hi! πŸ˜‰πŸŒΏπŸŒ·πŸŒ²

Best wishes,

The Mods

• dawnimpens
    dawnimpens Member Posts: 1
    Options

I've decided to finally learn how to Quilt.

• moderators
    Options

That's a great way to keep your mind at ease, @dawnimpens! Post some pictures of your work, we'd love to see it!

• katg
    katg Member Posts: 206
    Options

Cleaning out my closets and drawers. I gave a way a bag of clothes I love to look at but never wore. A background blue and pink flowered oversized bag i have had for 20 years and never used. Gone.

Take a walk. Walk a southern California mall and buy nothing!!!! For fun, I created 2 turkey pies from my leftovers, and they are delicious. I bought the crust, but even so I find cooking and baking a delight. My chemo aftereffects of 2021 nearly stopped my baking. My pies were first, cookies are next.

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 428
    Options

Out in the garden or woods is my happy place. Can't help but feel good. Meditating helps when super stressed. I use the calm app.

Relaxing indoors I pick up a book if I'm hurting otherwise I could make quilts all day. Best to be alone so I'm not interrupted.