Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

December 2023 Surgery? Gather here.

Options

Join and share here to get and give support if you're planning surgery for this month. Please share your diagnosis, planned surgery and date, so we can all support you as you navigate treatment — we're all here for you!

Comments

• shrinkrap59
    shrinkrap59 Member Posts: 32
    Options

I am having a lumpectomy and sentinel node removal on December 29th, 2023

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,998
    Options

Let us know how it goes, @shrinkrap59! If you would like some additional emotional or practical support (in the form of knowledge) before the surgery, feel free to join one of our free Zoom meet-ups on Tuesday at 1pm EST or Thursday at 6pm EST. You can register for them here:

Warmly,
    The Mods

• shrinkrap59
    Options

Thank you!

• shrinkrap59
    edited December 2023
    Options

Today I had (as copied from the record)

" Left breast SAVI scout localized lumpectomy, Left axillary sentinel lymph node biopsy and removal of previously biopsied left axillary lymph node"

Spent from about 8AM to 3PM including the SAVI scout, discharged home with a nifty compression bra, a holder for no-drip ice packs, and instructions to take Tylenol 500-1000 every 4-6 hours. So far so good, but unfortunately I'm told not to cook or garden for three weeks because repetitive motions can interfere with recovery. But the good news is; no no drains!!!

For those unfamiliar

"The savi scout procedure is the reflector (a tiny device about the size of a grain of rice) that is placed into the tumor.

• shrinkrap59
    Options

I've been doing fine, but I think I have a seroma in my axilla. I have a follow-up with surgeon on Monday, and I'm thinking she might say it's because I have been too active. I've been struggling with that.

• moderators
    Options

It can be so hard to slowdown during recovery, @shrinkrap59, especially if you were very active before your surgery! We hope all goes well on Monday, please check in and let us know what your doc says.

The Mods

• shrinkrap59
    edited January 9
    Options

Boo. Seroma AND hematoma at 10 day post op. Also two positive sentinel nodes, and tumor 3+ tumor. Looks like chemo might be back on the table pending review of mammaprint data. I felt awful about opening those oysters. 😞

Grading is now officially T2N1aM0

• moderators
    Options

Oh @shrinkrap59 We're so sorry for this news. Please keep us posted once you learn more. We're all here for you, whatever your treatment path may be! Sending hugs!

—The Mods