Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

20 years and still around

Options
malebreastc
malebreastc Member Posts: 89
edited February 23 in Male Breast Cancer

Am posting after a long gap. Want to let you all know that I had my recent Pet scan this week and got all clear.

My first diagnosis was in 2004 and recurrence in 2021. I am on my 29th cycle of Fulvestrant and Ibrance. In December 2021. I had mets in spine, lungs, liver adrenal glands, chest walls. My latest scan this week showed complete resolution and complete response to treatment.

So there is always hope..

Comments

• bighubs
    bighubs Member Posts: 26
    Options

That is amazing! Congratulations on doing so well. May it continue indefinitely!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

Fantastic news, @malebreastc!! We are thrilled for you! Thank you for coming back to share this inspiration and hope. Do something nice for yourself today to celebrate!

—The Mods

• sarahmaude
    sarahmaude Member Posts: 336
    Options

That is fantastic news! I’m glad you shared it here. I hope the good days keep on coming.

• everythingwillbefine
    Options

I am so happy for you!!!!!
    And thank you so much for coming back and encouraging others!

May it continue indefinitely!

God bless!

• malebreastc
    Options

Can my situation be termed as NEAD or NED ?

• beckymd
    beckymd Member Posts: 26
    Options

I was initially diagnosed in 1997. 20 years cancer free, and then a recurrence in 2017. Still on targeted therapy but doing well. Aside from lots of appointments and tests, still doing the things I enjoy most.

• malebreastc
    Options

Beckymd

is your target therapy also palbociclib and Fulvestrant ?

• hn59842
    hn59842 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Congratulations!!! Just got Stage IV diagnosis today and this gives me much-appreciated hope and encouragement - thank you 💗

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

@hn59842 - Welcome to our community! While we hate the reason that brought you here, we're really glad you found us. Please know that we're all here for you if you need us, whether it's for support, advice, or simply a listening ear, so don't hesitate to lean on us whenever you need to. 💟

Feel free to share more about your diagnosis and treatment or fill in your signature whenever you're comfortable. This will help us provide you with relevant information and make the best connections.

Looking forward to hearing more from you soon!

The Mods