Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Just diagnosed - how fast do I need to act?

Options

Hi everyone, I just received my path report this afternoon. DCIS, high grade with Central comedo-type necrosis. My question right now is, I know that DCIS is "Stage 0" and not invasivie, yet the High Grade part is a worry. How fast do I need to act on a high grade diagnosis? In other words, is it bad that I can't see the breast surgeon until 3/14?

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,999
    Options

Welcome, @maddmachost, we're so sorry you find yourself here! But we hope this community can be a source of support for you.

We know it's incredibly hard not to worry during the waiting, but oftentimes, people wait 3+ weeks from diagnosis before they have their first of many appointments with their medical teams. It's not bad at all, this is very common!

We want to let you know we offer very supportive, moderated Virtual Community Meetups. There are a number of different groups and times, so if you're interested, please check them out here: Virtual Community Meetups.

We’re here for you,

The Mods

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,800
    Options

Nope, not bad at all! Though it feels like it when you’re going through it, breast cancer is generally slow growing and not considered an emergency. Your wait time seems reasonable and won’t adversely affect your health but the waiting is no fun. Take care