Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Starting Chemo April 2024 Support Thread

167891012»

Comments

• grammie2
    grammie2 Member Posts: 210

@lbn2222 that is awesome news!! I'm starting to dig into the radiation research. Thanks for letting us know how it's going. I will have surgery soon (meeting with the surgeon next week after my last TCHP) and radiation will start after that recovery time.

• lbn2222
    lbn2222 Member Posts: 42

@grammie2 good timing - I finished my last radiation treatment today! It hasn't been too bad. My skin is pretty red and I'm tired, but much easier than chemo. Next up for me is going to be hormone blocking drugs. Good luck with your surgery! Hope everyone here is doing well!

• bailey.boo
    bailey.boo Member Posts: 230

Just popping in to share that I had my last chemo this week! I’m so beyond thrilled to be done. Now it’s all about getting through the rest and reminding myself that this huge milestone is almost behind me. Hope everyone’s doing well ❤️

• lbn2222
    lbn2222 Member Posts: 42

Congrats, @bailey.boo !! You look great!

• mexicanmary
    mexicanmary Member Posts: 29
    edited September 9

Asked this in another thread.
    Has anyone here had any problems with Taxotere? Read here that it can cause vision loss and other visual impairments.

• sarahjunefox
    sarahjunefox Member Posts: 58

@mexicanmary I just finished 6 rounds of Taxotere and had a few minor side effects but (luckily) nothing major at all! The literature about it is so scary but the likelihood of a lot of those things happening is quite small. I was really concerned to learn that it might cause Acute Myeloid Leukemia but I spoke to my oncologist about all my concerns and she gave me confidence to proceed.

• bailey.boo
    bailey.boo Member Posts: 230

Hi! I took Taxotere as part of TCHP. I’ve noticed some mild vision issues during chemo, like not being able to focus as well while driving, more sensitivity to light, and alternating between dry, irritated, swollen eyes and runny, goopy ones. My biggest concern has been seeing bright flashes of light out of the corner of my left eye at the start of each chemo cycle. I was told the flashes could be from Taxotere or a combination of chemo side effects, including steroids, which can also affect vision.