Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Need swimsuit resources w/ prosthesis

Options

Hello,

I am post masectomy 8 yrs with an implant on my left breast that has absolutely worn out her welcome as I have gained a bunch of weight in last couple years and now have a huge right breast 40 D and a tiny left breast of only 34 A/B!! Im probably not going to do a reconstruction as I am 60 yrs old and dont want to do another surgery and my insurance probably wont pay for it anyways. In the mean time I need a swimsuit that can hold a prosthesis breast and not cost $150. Does anyone know of a website with affordable swimsuits that meet this need? Or if yoy know an agency or company that can pay some of the cost for these expensive suits. I know lands end sells some, but they are expensive on their website. I have Medicaid insurance and dont even know if Medicaid will cover cost of a waterproof prosthesis. Any info welcome..thanks!🙂

Comments

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

If you check out Walmart.com there are some affordable mastectomy swimsuits available. I have an inexpensive Bravo waterproof insert that takes me from a B to C cup but you would need something more than that.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,319
    Options

Hi @mircann .

We have some info on bathing suits after breast cancer surgery here:

We hope this helps!

—The Mods

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,911
    Options

mircan you might call lands end and ask about a suit on sale that would work. I sewed a foot that was filled with micro beads. It has to be pinned in because it will float