Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Camizestrant CAMBRIA 1 Clinical trial

kotchaj
kotchaj Member Posts: 216

Hello,

Has anyone gotten any information on this trial or are participating in it? I have been reading up on it and have just found out through my oncology center that I can participate.

Here's some information on it:

CAMBRIA-1: A Phase III, Open-Label, Randomised Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Extended Therapy with Camizestrant (AZD9833, a Next Generation, Oral Selective Estrogen Receptor Degrader) versus Standard Endocrine Therapy (Aromatase Inhibitor or Tamoxifen) in Patients with ER+/HER2- Early Breast Cancer and an Intermediate or High Risk of Recurrence Who Have Completed Definitive Locoregional Therapy and at Least 2 Years of Standard Adjuvant Endocrine-Based Therapy Without Disease Recurrence

Amanda

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,549

Hi @kotchaj! Here's some info from our site on the study, in case you find it useful:

• candilea
    candilea Member Posts: 15

Hi!

I was notified of the trial at my checkup last month, and received the full information from the doctor conducting the study at the hospital I go to. I'm high risk for recurrence, and have been on an AI for 4.5 years. I haven't had any follow-up scans or anything (except for a chest CT for reconstruction that I'm having soon), but I have had three ctDNA tests that were negative. My oncologist feels that the chance to have an experimental but beneficial other medicine is worth trying.

I am conflicted, for sure, but I have a feeling I will participate. It's possible I'll end up in the standard of care arm, and if I don't and want to change that is allowed. Still, it's a lot to comprehend.

Take care,

Candice

• kotchaj
    kotchaj Member Posts: 216

Hi @candilea!

I discussed it with my husband over the weekend and felt the same way. I will either get the standard of care or maybe something better, so I will do it as well.

In my mind, it can't hurt me to try it and if I can help someone else who comes along after me, then I will feel like I have done something to help fight this horrible disease.

I've talked with the researcher at my center and am comfortable with the follow-ups, etc. I still work full time so I was concerned about the time away from work, but it's a quarterly follow-up which I am on that schedule already with my oncologist.

Here's to another crazy ride. I'm just going to throw my hands in the air like on a roller coaster and go with it.

@moderators, thank you for the information, I appreciate how you all are so responsive to us.

Amanda

• txlorelei
    txlorelei Member Posts: 69

I’m in the CAMBRIA-1 trial and found out today that I’m in the standard of care arm and will therefore continue with letrozole. My doctor was openly disappointed that I wasn’t randomized to the new drug. (I finished 2 years of Verzenio in April.)

I had to do some baseline tests, including a PET scan, eye exam, blood work, and an ECG.

They set me up with an app to do weekly reporting on any side effects. It will be interesting to see how well this works.