Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Architectural distortion - good outcome

Hi, I recently found this group because of "scanaxiety" due to an abnormal mammogram. In case it's useful to anyone, wish to post about my good experience with a Birads 0 "area of architectural distortion" on my screening mammogram.

This resulted in diagnostic mammography, ultrasound, biopsy, and more mammography with a Birads 4.

Diagnosis: Fibrocystic changes, with the Birads 4 suspicious area due to fibrosis downgraded to totally benign, 6 mo follow up.

(1) I didn't see online much info on fibrocystic change causing AD, but apparently it's common.

(2) The scariest statistics online re architectural distortion are based on 2D mammography. WIth the new 3D mammography, there's far more AD discovered, and thus, far more of it is benign.

If anyone reads this post because of AD on their imaging report, the very best of luck to you!

Comments

• daone1017
    daone1017 Member Posts: 1

I'm so glad you came back to post a good outcome. I am in the same boat will have a stereotactic biopsy tomorrow after a BIRADS 4 on my 6 month follow up due to architectural distortion, with no ultrasound correlate. Thank you. God bless us all.