Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Has anyone had a relapse after treatment with Verzenio?

Hi, I have to make a hard decision for me, whether to take Verzenio (Abemaciclib) with letrozole or no….im on stage 2 with 2 lymph nodes, 69 years old, not in very good fit, and im afraid of side effects…Has anyone had a relapse after treatment with Verzenio? I think it can help me to make a right choice for me. Thank you.

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,253
    edited September 10

oln2290,

Here is what is known:

“Verzenio + hormone therapy showed a 35% reduction in the risk of cancer returning compared with hormone therapy alone.”
    That figure , of course, is not predictive of how any given individual will do, but it does illustrate that Verzenio (or any other bc treatment) comes with no guarantees and does include a recurrence risk. Regardless of what others have experienced, you need to decide what your risk vs reward tolerance is. There simply is no bc treatment available that comes with no/low side effects (this varies by individual as well) or guarantees of efficacy*. Take care

• This does not mean you will experience any side effects or that they will be intolerable. The response to these drugs and the severity of side effects is very variable.