Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Itching after biopsy this morning

Silly question probably - I had ultrasound guided biopsy this morning. It’s been six hours. Not much pain but my nipple is itching like crazy. The biopsy was 3 cm away from the nipple. Is this normal? The aftercare instructions didn’t say anything about itching. I had an mri guided biopsy and a stereotactic biopsy and excisional biopsy in 2018 and there was no itching.

Comments

• puzzled1
    puzzled1 Member Posts: 11

I’m guessing nobody has had this issue. Just in case someone in the future experiences it the itching totally stopped last night so it must be normal, lol! Anyway, three to five business days and I will get results of biopsies.

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 1,296

Hi @puzzled1, I'm glad the itching stopped. I had bruising and pain at my biopsy site so I used ice. I hope the results of your biopsy are benign.

• puzzled1
    puzzled1 Member Posts: 11

@maggie15 thank you so much!

• g8torfan
    g8torfan Member Posts: 1

Thank you for posting puzzled1. I had my stereotactic biopsy today. I’m worried about the results. How were your results? How long did it take to get them?

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,549

Welcome to the community, @g8torfan! We're sorry you are here and worried, but glad you reached out! If you want, you can try sending puzzled1 a private message to see if she can share more about her experience and how things turned out for her.

We wish you the best of luck with your biopsy results and hope for positive news. Please know that we're here for you as you wait!

The Mods