Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

HORMONES

I had breast cancer in 2011 and had double mastectomy and completed chemo in 2012. Several years after I had to go back taking compounded Progesterone and Estrogen because I had so many issues physically and emotionally since getting medically put in Menopause at the age of 40 in 2011 and now I'm 53 yrs old. I also take compounded Thyroid medication for low Thyroid. I did really well with the medications before cancer but for many years now I still have issues off and on and my blood work will show I need medication adjustments with Progesterone, Estrogen and Thyroid. Every time my Doctor increases or decreases anything my body doesn't tolerate it so they don't know what to do for me anymore. I told Doctor I'm pretty sure it's because the Chemo kills the cancer cells but also our good cells also. Does anyone else suffer with these type of issues and if so, who do you see for help with hormones?