Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Scared

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in July had my surgery now going in for my chemo treatments taxatere and cytoxan has anyone use these meds before it will be given every 21 days starting Oct 3rd

Comments

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 438

Yeah. It's a very common treatment for those who need chemo but don't have lymph node involvement. I went through it. Did fine although it certainly wasn't easy. Made a full recovery though.

• baygrass
    baygrass Member Posts: 9

I also went through TC chemo. I agree…wasn't the easiest thing, but you'll get through it. Do what your Doc says and call them if you need to. I'm also in recovery. Feeling better every day. You got this!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,549

@lolo1944,

Welcome to our Breastcancer.org community. We're so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but we're really glad you've found us. As you can already see, our community is made up of some wonderful members always willing to offer advice, information, encouragement, and support — we're all here for you!

As noted, TC chemo is a very common regimen. There's a great thread here for you to help you prepare:

We hope this helps and we look forward to supporting you through your treatment. Please let us know how we can help!

—The Mods

• lolo1944
    lolo1944 Member Posts: 2

Thank u for sharing your story I will try and use all your tools and pray that helps

• kalleen2
    kalleen2 Member Posts: 1

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I had the same thing and my treatment was the same. I won't lie, chemo is rough. My advice don't be hard on yourself. However you handle it, it is the right way. People will try and tell you how you should feel. You will have some good days and bad. My biggest issue with the chemo was the fatigue. Give yourself opportunities to rest, schedule some pamper time and let people help you.