Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

AZDarleen, our newest angel

Options
binney4
binney4 Member Posts: 1,466

Yesterday, June 6, we lost AZDarleen. She's been here on the boards since January of 2006, struggled with heart damage from the initial chemo, lymphedema and several bouts of cellulitis, and finally extensive mets. She's home in heaven now with her loving Father, leaving behind a devoted and delightful husband, kids and grandkids. Darleen weathered everything with a smile, an infectious laugh, and a huge dose of generosity and warmth toward every woman who's travelling this path.

Her family asks that any gracious donations made be directed to breastcancer.org.

So glad you've flown free, dear Sister, but I miss you already!
Binney

Comments

• TenderIsOurMight
    TenderIsOurMight Member Posts: 55
    edited June 2009
    Options

So sad to read this post. My sincere condolences to Darleen's family and friends. She went through so much from treatment SE's. I'm sure you were a great friend Binney, and I'm sorry for your pain too.

Tender

• AnnaM
    AnnaM Member Posts: 136
    edited June 2009
    Options

I send gentle healing wishes to Darleen's family and friends and to you too, dear Binney.

Anna

• hollyann
    hollyann Member Posts: 279
    edited June 2009
    Options

Oh Biney, so sorry to hear!......Darleen will be missed dearlyby her family, friends and all who knew her here.......My condolences to all who knew her.....I "spoke" with her a few times and she was always so sweet and gracious and funny.......I know I will miss her but she is no longer in pain and is at peace........

• binney4
    binney4 Member Posts: 1,466
    edited June 2009
    Options

bumping

• DoreenF
    DoreenF Member Posts: 59
    edited June 2009
    Options

Binney - I'm so sad to read this ... but know that Darlene is another angel in heaven and that she was welcomeed by all of our sisters who preceeded her.  I'm so sorry for the loss of yet another sister.   We need that cure and we need it now.  Too many families are being affected by this disease.

Doreen 

• smithlme
    smithlme Member Posts: 383
    edited June 2009
    Options

My thoughts and prayers go out to all that loved her...

Linda

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited June 2009
    Options

How very sad.  My sincere condolences to her loved ones.  We certainly do need a cure, too many lives, too short-lived.

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    edited June 2009
    Options

So very sad to hear this. God bless and keep this family. Hugs, Mazy

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234
    edited June 2009
    Options

How very sad to hear this news.   Prayers and blessings to her family and friends.

• celia088
    celia088 Member Posts: 975
    edited June 2009
    Options

Binney,

Thank you for updating us. Sadly, i have added AZDarleen's name to the List of Angels in Commemorating Loved Ones.  

My condolences to the family and friends of AZDarleen.

celia

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited June 2009
    Options

My sympathy to Darleen's family and friends.  I'm really sorry.

• OneBadBoob
    OneBadBoob Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2009
    Options

Prayers for comfort and peace to her family.

• kathimdgd
    kathimdgd Member Posts: 84
    edited June 2009
    Options

Heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to all her family and friends and all who knew her.

Kathi

• ccbaby
    ccbaby Member Posts: 503
    edited June 2009
    Options

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

• my3girls
    my3girls Member Posts: 1,291
    edited June 2009
    Options

I don't think I knew Darleen..but she is a sister..and sending prayers for her and her family!

Lisa