Join Us

We are 218,775 members in 84 forums discussing 161,216 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Welcome to our Metaplastic Breast Cancer Forum! Say Hi Below...

Forum: Metaplastic Breast Cancer (MpBC) —

Join others to talk about Metaplastic Breast Cancer, or MpBC, a sub-type of breast cancer. This forum will be moderated by some volunteers of The Metaplastic Breast Cancer Global Alliance.

Posted on: May 8, 2020 05:54PM

MpBCAdmin_Laura wrote:

MpBCAdmin_Laura here.... this is my first post Happy

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

May 9, 2020 11:46PM pinkhd wrote:

It has been a few years since I have been in the forum. I have a PET scan showing possible bone mets and other areas. Waiting for 2 more tests and a biopsy. Hoping to connect with others out there on this journey. I had chemo in 2009 and double mastectomies with implants.

Dx 11/20/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 10, 2020 12:09PM MpBCAdmin_Jen wrote:

Hi! It’s been quite a while since your treatments, so I hope what they saw on the PET scan turns out to be nothing major. Sending you positive thoughts and wishes for good results from your tests and biopsy.

Are you on Facebook? There are a few fairly active metaplastic breast cancer Facebook groups out there, if you want to join. I find those groups are much more active than this forum. I’m hoping we start seeing more people with MpBC on this forum, now that we have it.

I belong to 3 Facebook groups, if you’re interested in finding others who are in the same or similar situation as you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/metaplasticBCresearch which provides information and support for MpBc women and those who support them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/metaplasticbc which provides information and support for MpBC women only.

https://www.facebook.com/metaplasticbreastcancerglobal/ which also provides information and support for MpBC women and those who support them but focuses more on research as it is run by the Metaplastic Breast Cancer Global Alliance.

A number of people are in all 3 groups, and there are other MpBC groups out there, too, but these 3 seem to be the biggest.We're also going to try to get more of the women from the Facebook groups to start following this forum, too.

Jen

May 10, 2020 03:33PM ShetlandPony wrote:

Hi Jen and pink. Please forgive me for butting in. I often look at recent posts to see if I can be of help to anyone, and I could not help but notice that pink’s diagnosis line says IDC. It made me wonder if perhaps pink misread “metaplastic” as “metastatic” and ended up posting in a forum that does not apply to her. It could get confusing...

2011 Stage I ILC 1.5cm grade1 ITCs sn Lumpectomy,radiation,tamoxifen. 2014 Stage IV ILC mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD

May 10, 2020 10:05PM MpBCAdmin_Jen wrote:

ShetlandPony,

Re-reading her post, it is quite possible pink meant to post in a metastatic forum, not a metaplastic forum. Because metaplastic breast cancer is not very well known, people often ask if we mean metastatic when we say metaplastic. Hopefully pink will find the group and support she's looking for.

Jen

Aug 20, 2020 01:15PM Tigger61 wrote:

Hello

new to the group, stage 4

Aug 20, 2020 01:28PM MpBCAdmin_Jen wrote:

Hi, Tigger61! Welcome to the forum. I love your user name.

I don't know if you are on Facebook, but there are a few metaplastic breast cancer Facebook groups that are fairly active, if you're interested. I'm stage 1, but there are a number of stage 4 women in the 3 Facebook groups I belong to.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/metaplasticBCresearch which provides information and support for MpBc women and those who support them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/metaplasticbc which provides information and support for MpBC women only.

https://www.facebook.com/metaplasticbreastcancerglobal/ which also provides information and support for MpBC women and those who support them but focuses more on research as it is run by the Metaplastic Breast Cancer Global Alliance.

There is overlap between the 3 groups, and there are other MpBC groups out there, but these 3 seem to be the biggest.

If you're not on Facebook and don't want to be, if you have any questions or are looking for information that no one on here can provide, I can act as a go-between between this group and the Facebook groups.

Jen

Aug 20, 2020 05:14PM Rosiecat wrote:

Hello Tiger61,

Welcome to the group. I have a profound dislike of Facebook and much prefer the support offered here on the breastcancer.org website. I have posted on the triple negative thread for people in the UK most of the time since my diagnosis two years ago. I'm the only metaplastic poster there, but as I'm also triple negative, I find that much of the information offered is relevant. Most of us on the thread do not live in the UK! So really anyone is welcome. The metaplastic thread, which is quite new, has some very useful research (provided by Jen) specific to metaplastic breast cancer, which is probably what you are looking for if you are newly diagnosed.

I've made my diagnosis available as it's often quite useful to others. There was no space to include my subtype which is spindle cell mixed with adenosquamous. I was never given that information by my breast surgeon and had to ask for my pathology report to find the full diagnosis. If you haven't already done so, it's worth getting hold of your pathology report for future reference if needed. My surgeon knew nothing about metaplastic breast cancer and whilst I had friends and acquaintances with breast cancer, I was on my own with this diagnoses. I felt quite isolated in the beginning and forums like this really helped.

I hope you'll come back soon and tell us more about what's happening and how you are coping.

Very best wishes,

Gill

Dx 8/24/2018, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/17/2018 Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 10/21/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)