Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation Burns Two Weeks Out

Options
gwydiana
gwydiana Member Posts: 13

This is really really painful. This picture is 2 weeks from the last radiation treatment (post double mastectomy). Is this normal?

Comments

• Joytxs
    Joytxs Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2019
    Options

Gwydiana, it took me 2 weeks to slough offall that damage and get the new skin going. I kept putting the silvadene and using domoborough soaks. I. Was. Miserable. It gets better just know that. Accept any and all help anyone offers. I am so independent that it finally broke me and I accepted help bringing meals. It's just me so anything was appreciated. Be strong

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited March 2019
    Options

Call your RO, go see if necessary. Silvadine is geat stuff!! See what else s/he suggests.

• Runrcrb
    Runrcrb Member Posts: 202
    edited March 2019
    Options

yes, that’s normal. Mine looked similar. It does get better. I can’t see anything two years later.

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hope it gets better soon, really does look painful.

• gwydiana
    edited March 2019
    Options

Thank you all for the help! I'm still struggling to get through the pain but it seems to be slowly getting better.

• AnnC2019
    AnnC2019 Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2019
    Options

Gwydiana,

Did your skin finally heal? That looks so painful

• gwydiana
    edited September 2019
    Options

Thank you for the response. It has healed but is scarred for life :( The pain was truly intense!