We are 224,335 members in 82 forums discussing 157,700 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Would you like to donate your used prosthesis?

Forum: Living Without Reconstruction After a Mastectomy — Discuss prostheses, swimsuits, bras, and other options for women not having reconstruction or waiting for reconstruction.

Posted on: May 19, 2019 08:25AM

burntsienna wrote:

Hello friends,

My aunt in the Caribbean is the head of the cancer society on her island. She is also a cancer survivor. She told me that it is very difficult for cancer survivor to get prostheses after surgery. I told her I would donate my old prostheses to her. My insurance pays for new ones every 2 years so I have an old pair in my closet. I am looking for other prosthesis that I can donate to the Dominica Cancer Society. Please tell me if you have any.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (10 results)

Posts 1 - 10 (10 total)

May 19, 2019 08:47PM Moderators wrote:

Thanks, burntsienna. This sounds like a very worthy cause. Indeed, women in many areas of the world have difficulty accessing things like protheses that are ample in other countries. We appreciate your work to help others!

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jun 23, 2019 01:05PM Misswats wrote:

I have a set that I’ve been trying to find a place to donate. I would love to donate to your aunt. Please let me know where I should ship them.

Jun 23, 2019 01:13PM Micmel wrote:

I have one..... single. And it’s a c cup comparison size. I would gladly give it up in a second. I only had one breast removed. But would help anyone if I could.

Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy

Jun 23, 2019 10:43PM Moderators wrote:

Thank you everyone for your kindness and generosity! It means so much to those who need it most!

Jul 10, 2019 09:51PM Misswats wrote:

Hi,

Where do we send our donations?

T

Jul 11, 2019 01:05PM Moderators wrote:

Dear Members,

We are trying to find more information on where to send donations. We will post a link when we secure such.

The Mods

Jul 15, 2019 03:07PM Moderators wrote:

Dear Members,

We reached out to the Dominica Cancer Society and this is the address that we were given for donations: Thanks for your patience as we work to update some of the links and resources associated with this topic.

The Mods

Dominica Cancer Society

30 McIntyre Lane

Goodwill

Commonwealth of Dominica

Jul 29, 2019 03:04PM Moderators wrote:

Dear Members,

We created a list of organizations that accept donations. You can find it in the FreeCycle forum . We hope that it if helpful.

The Mods

Aug 28, 2019 03:26PM - edited Aug 28, 2019 05:19PM by Moderators

I have 5 prosthesis from my mothers closets. We are cleaning out her house, although she is still living. She just turned 93.

How can I get these to you?

I called our local area in Greensboro/ Winston area of NC and they no longer take them.

Surely some poor country can use these.

Marlene

Edited by Mods to remove personally identifiable information.

Aug 28, 2019 04:06PM burntsienna wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am so sorry that I missed your messages. Thank you so much for your responses. I wasn't sure that anyone would reply and forgot my password. I just reset it today. Yes please donate the supplies to the Dominica Cancer Society as indicated by the moderators. I really appreciate it.

Dominica Cancer Society

30 McIntyre Lane

Goodwill

Commonwealth of Dominica

Thanks,

burntsienna

Page 1 of 1 (10 results)