Topic: 9 year Survivor DX again

Forum: Second or Third Breast Cancer — For those confronting a new primary diagnosis or undergoing treatment.

Posted on: May 22, 2022 07:30PM

Posted on: May 22, 2022 07:30PM

tedebarre wrote:

Hey Everyone. Sure don’t like being back here. I had DCIS 9 years, 8 months ago & have just been DX with IDC & DCIS grade 2 ER+,PR+(Low positive, HER2-, in the opposite breast from my prior DCIS. My quandary is…my prior DX was TNBC now it’s positive. Waiting on appt from Oncologist to see where we go from here. But it’s All Gonna Be Ok!

Dx 9/28/2012, DCIS, Left, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 10/9/2012 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Surgery 11/12/2012 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Radiation Therapy 12/17/2012 Breast Surgery 7/5/2022 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel Surgery 8/2/2022 Mastectomy (Left): Simple; Mastectomy (Right): Simple Hormonal Therapy 9/8/2022 Aromasin (exemestane) Dx IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 3 of 3 (30 results)

Sep 25, 2022 12:48PM parakeetsrule wrote:

Mavericksmom, you DO have a choice! Whether you have reconstruction and what kind is always your choice. If you don't want an implant you don't have to get one. There are lots of us with only one boob, and prosthetics are easy to use and often free! Or you could simply go flat like you wanted in the first place. (though I totally get wanting to keep the nice boob you worked so hard for!)

Whatever you end up doing, do it because that's what you want. You have choices other than an implant you already think you won't like.

Stage 2 at 37, Stage 4 at 41. Cancer is dumb. Cookies are good. Dx 3/21/2017, IDC, Left, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 11/6/2017 Whole breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 12/8/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 12/13/2021 Piqray (alpelisib) Dx IDC, Other, Stage IV, ER+, HER2- Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy (Left)

Sep 29, 2022 07:13PM tedebarre wrote:

Geesh. Since I last posted on here in August my recovery has been A L L over the place. After the Dr removed some staples & all but one drain…I was going back to see him on a Monday, that Sunday afternoon the incision on the right side opened up like the flipping Grand Canyon. I butterflied it together as best as I could & when I went in the next morning he scheduled me for surgery on Tuesday (August 23) for dehiscence of the wound. Was supposed to be outpatient, but when I came to in recovery the nurse said “we’re waiting on your room”….no, no, no….I’m supposed to go home! They said I’d just be in overnight for observation because they found that the wound was infected & had put a Wound VAC on me. Well “overnight” turned into one solid week. Staph infection so bad infectious disease Dr had to get involved to figure out what antibiotics would work on this staph. So over the course of the week I got a portable Wound VAC & a PICC line installed & Finally got to go home…now I’m feeling like Terminator— new parts & antibiotics by IV every 8 hours! Dr appts twice a week since 8-30. I thought I was doing so well…….until today…..went back to surgeon today (infectious Dr kept up antibiotics week-by-week) & he was not happy that the wound is not closing faster than it is….35 days & still not closed! So today I’m told that he is scheduling me with a Plastic Surgeon so I can get a skin graft to go back under this wound vac. I freaking wanted to scream! This will be my 5th surgery since 7/5! So I went home, cried, ranted, screamed & then took a nap. I am so exhausted with Dr visits, but know I’ve got to full steam ahead to get well. Y’all please take care of yourselves. If you even suspect a mild infection….get thou to the ER. This crap is nothing to mess with. But at least the Cancer is gone! 💗 stay safe…stay strong, Pink Sisters!

Dx 9/28/2012, DCIS, Left, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 10/9/2012 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Surgery 11/12/2012 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Radiation Therapy 12/17/2012 Breast Surgery 7/5/2022 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel Surgery 8/2/2022 Mastectomy (Left): Simple; Mastectomy (Right): Simple Hormonal Therapy 9/8/2022 Aromasin (exemestane) Dx IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Sep 30, 2022 03:05AM rah2464 wrote:

Tedebarre God bless you - I am so sorry this has become such an ordeal. Infections like this are rare but they can happen. Did any of your medical team give any indication on how they thought the infection started??

I hope you are able to get the graft quickly and that it takes well so you can finally begin to heal. I am so impressed by your tenacity and courage. My very best to you and hugs sister

Dx 5/23/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/27/2018 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 7/27/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 1, 2022 07:33PM oldladyblue wrote:

Tedebarre wow you have been through so much! Hoping things go well for you now. Thanks for the reminder for taking care of ourselves.

Surgery 7/1/2021 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 10/8/2021 Other Radiation Therapy 1/4/2022 Whole breast: Left breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 3/10/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 2, 2022 11:48AM mavericksmom wrote:

Tedebarre, I too am so sorry you are going through all of this. Most likely you will never know where the staph infection came from, because it is everywhere. I too am glad for the reminder. I tend to think I can treat myself rather than bother a doctor. I actually worked in microbiology and parasitology years ago and I should know better, but I too, need a reminder every now and then. I really appreciate your advice!

I hope things get better for you soon! Sending healing vibes your way!!!!

Dx 6/6/2003, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/24 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 12/4/2018, ILC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 28, 2022 10:33PM tedebarre wrote:

Thank You Ladies for your kind words of encouragement! So…….in the 2 months since I last posted about “Terry’s (that’s me) TaTa’s Tumultuous Trek” (that’s what I called my Breast Cancer Journal)…..I’ve had some really Good news. I was referred to the PS on Sept. 29. Had my 1st consult on Oct 3rd, Surgery was scheduled for Oct 10. I was still on the IV antibiotics 💉(wound up being on the antibiotics 10 weeks, every 8 hrs round the clock). Surgery was early in the morning , so I was home by 2pm. Funny thing…..for the 1st week I couldn’t see the skin graft because the PS had stapled the thick foam dressing to my chest….yep stapled that sucker all the way around like you’d upholstery a chair! 😳So being the good patient I am, I relegated myself to the recliner (thank God it has electric footrests!) and had to keep (as Elmer Fudd says) Vewy Still…because the T-Rex 🦖 couldn’t lift her right arm away from her side for a solid 7 days. I went back to see the PS a week later & he was very pleased. I, of course, couldn’t tell if it looked good or just gross 🤢. Went back twice more, once each successive week and on the 28th of October he said those sweet words….”Don’t come back for a month”! 🙂 So….today, November 29 was the month! And, Y’all, he broke up with me! 🤣😂🤣 Yep…told me until I wanted surgery to go full flat (I have 1 small dog ear on the left & 1 irritating, medium size dog ear on the right) Don’t Come Back! That was the best birthday 🥳 present I could’ve gotten (my birthday is Thursday coming up). So in short, or long…Thank You Ladies for all your sweet comments and encouragement and Thank You Moderators for allowing me to document my Trek here in this forum. This site has saved my sanity more than y’all know. 😜🤪😜 Please for the Love of yourselves…..take your health into your hands 🙌 proactively. I could show you some horror pics that show the reality of what breast cancer is & it’s not always pretty new boobs. Take Care of you, Beautiful Reader! You’re the only You we’ve got! 💕💗💕 Love y’all Pink Sisters,

Nov 29, 2022 02:06AM oldladyblue wrote:

Oh Tedebarre, Happy Birthday! Sounds like you did get a really good present being healed up and told to bug off until you want another surgery, if you do!

You are such a good storyteller, I really enjoyed your humor, and am still smiling for you.

Surgery 7/1/2021 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 10/8/2021 Other Radiation Therapy 1/4/2022 Whole breast: Left breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 3/10/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

20 hours ago threetree wrote:

Just want to say that I really admire the way you are handling all of this, and so glad that this board could be around still, even if just a little bit, to offer you some support. I really don't think I could do what you've done, and really appreciate your sharing what you've been going through with the rest of us.

I agree with OldLadyBlue - Your humor is to be commended through all of this.

I wish you all the best of luck and hope you have a wonderful holiday season, now that the worst of your ordeal seems to be behind you.

18 hours ago justme1964 wrote:

Hi there,

4 years after diagnosis, just heard from the doc and positive nodes on the opposite side and the biopsy says carcinoma compatible with breast origin. doctor appointment tomorrow then PET Scan 12/2.. so hoping it is just confined to the other breast...

11 hours ago tedebarre wrote:

Thank you LadyBlue! If I can help someone else…ease their mind, pick up their spirits, or maybe make them pee their pants laughing at me….I’ve done my job! 🤪 Thank you ThreeTree…it’s been a long haul…and believe me I’ve gotta a lot of trunk (or tummy) or both 🫣 junk to haul around…not so much boobs anymore. 🤫😂🤣 Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you and yours too! 🎄JustMe1964… praying for you, Sister! The scariest part for me was the waiting…I am not a patient person. Deep breaths sweetie! I’m sending positive prayers this stinker is contained for you! 🤟🏻💗💕

Page 3 of 3 (30 results)

Scroll to top button