Topic: October Surgeries/ No Need for Awareness, It's Reality!

Forum: Surgery - Before, During, and After — Surgical options and helpful tips for recovery and side effects.

Posted on: Sep 27, 2022 07:33AM

Posted on: Sep 27, 2022 07:33AM

mavericksmom wrote:

Nothing says "fall" like October and Breast Cancer Awareness Month, unless, like me, you are having surgery for breast cancer! Those like myself, know all too well about breast cancer! I am definitely not looking forward to endless public service announcements and commercials about breast cancer!

This is my third time with a breast cancer diagnosis and will be my fourth surgery for breast cancer.

2003, IDC with two lumpectomies, 24 lymph nodes removed, chemo, radiation

2019, ILC, same breast, mastectomy, with DIEP reconstruction and 6 months of Letrozole ***Requested bi-lateral mastectomy but was refused!

October 2022, high-grade DCIS with microinvasion, mastectomy, SNB

Wondering if I am the only one, or is there anyone else out there who will have surgery in October?

Dx 6/6/2003, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/24 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 12/4/2018, ILC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 9 of 9 (82 results)

Nov 24, 2022 07:39AM margecandoit wrote:

mavericksmom- I can imagine that would be difficult getting reconstruction done. It seem really scary to me when the plastic surgeon was explaining it to me. I almost feel like I am a lot smaller than I was wanting to be but it is amazing what they can do. Even though I feel like I have frankinboobs.

I did tell my dr I was taking ibuprofen said it was fine cause I wanted to get off the harder stuff. Man I had some crazy paralyzing nightmare dream last night. Got to get off them. Hope things are going well.

IDC Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+, PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/19/2022 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 11/17/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel

Nov 29, 2022 02:03PM margecandoit wrote:

maverickmom- went to the breast surgery today. I am doing good but still swollen. Got pathology and she got clear margin yay!! Also no cancer in my lymph node yay!! The only thing that was different was my er + went down to 20% from 45% and her2 is now in question it was neg and now they had to send it off for more testing. Not sure about how that works.

How’s things going with your reconstruction going. You staying healthy? Did you get your mapping done?

Hope your doing well.

IDC Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+, PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/19/2022 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 11/17/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel

Page 9 of 9 (82 results)

Scroll to top button