Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

IBC DIAGNOSED, LETS SHARE OUR STORIES!

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 1,051
    edited July 2017
    Options

So, Triplep, the concern is IBC returning to the breast that had a mx and rads, but without traditional IBC symptoms? Perhaps they are more worried about a bc recurrance than an IBC recurrance. Best get it checked, I'd say.

• NYClady
    NYClady Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2017
    Options

hello -my mom has Stage IV triple negative inflamatory breast cancer at age 82. She had a masectomy and removal of about 15 lymph nodes. Last November, we were told that she only had a "few months" left and nothing could be done. She is still hanging in there, but going downhill fast. Her skin is broken out everywhere and she has a nurse come every other day to put bandages on them. But, she is very uncomfortable. She sprays some over the counter itching spray on the raw areas for relief. Does anyone have any ideas on other medications to use to help the uncomfortableness? She has percasat for when she is in pain. But the doctors here in PA haven't seen this form of cancer very much so they aren't very helpful. any advise?

NYClady

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 955
    edited August 2017
    Options

NYClady, sorry to hear of your mom's struggles. Has she been enrolled in hospice?

• traveltext
    edited August 2017
    Options

NYClady, Where else has her cancer spread to? Is she on a cancer medication now?

You may get more advice here, but you could also join this IBC Facebook support group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/inflammatorybreast... since there are hundreds of people there offering support.

This is a hard time and I hope your mom can heal and get adequate pain relief.

• Noor71
    Noor71 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hello warrior women ❤. My mother was just diagnosed with stage 3c IBC. She is due to start chemotherapy in order to shrink the breast/tumor before surgery. She has always been very healthy and we both never believed in conventional medicine. Chemotherapy seems so counterproductive. We have so many doubts and fears. Please, if anyone has tried alternative therapies for this specific type of cancer <such as iv vitamin c therapies> please let me know. 🤗

• traveltext
    edited December 2017
    Options

Quite honestly, chemo is essential for your mum since IBC is such a serious cancer.

• Lauramae
    Lauramae Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018
    Options

Is there anyone currently active on this thread?

• LoriCA
    LoriCA Member Posts: 671
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi Lauramae, several of us are still here and usually posting in the Lounge thread. Since this thread is fairly old, if you have a question for someone specific you can look under their profile pic to see when they last logged on to the forum and if they are still active.

• Cozzoli
    Cozzoli Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2018
    Options

Good Evening Ladies, On the path to rule out IBC in next 24-48 hours. Onco on vacation this week and her office referred me today to ER for bloodwork and U/S. Was hoping for high white count or indicators of mastitis. No such luck, blood count was fine. They did not share results of ultrasound yet. Fast tracked to breast surgeon for consult tmrw, then biopsy tmrw or Weds. Did it move this fast for you? I went from what looked like small nipple area bruise on Saturday, to painful swelling yesterday, to a double sized, Inflamed dark pink mess today

• evanalvarez
    evanalvarez Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2018
    Options

hi, um im twelve sorry if this isn't a story but i just want help so i can help my mom and im very concerned for my mom. she told me she had this rash near her nipple, and i researched trying to figure out what it is. so i found out there were different things that could cause it, but one of them were IBC, well my mom is around 50 years old and i know that breast cancer was very common in that age. So i was very scared and nervous i cried and asked my mom if there were any more symptoms she was feeling, she told me that her rash comes and goes, it usually starts at night time and disappears in the morning, i remember calling her today to ask her if her rash was gone, and it was! i was very happy but then i found out it was back, but she isnt showing anymore symptoms of ibc. someone please help me im very concerned, nervous and scared for my mom :C

• traveltext
    edited December 2018
    Options

Please relax. IBC rashes don’t come and go, they stay and get worse quickly. However, she shoul have it checked by a doctor.