Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Diary of a bilateral mastectomy

Options
1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 126
    Options

i never knew about the 95% stat.  I thought I had a chance.

• twinkly
    twinkly Member Posts: 104
    Options

Thanks Badger, you are one special lady, and I appreciate you so much! 

I am starting the Phoenix Tears as my primary treatment plan, which according to my naturopathic oncologist, is the most important thing I can be doing for myself right now.  To learn more about Phoenix Tears, here is a link to a documentary on youtube called 'Run from the cure - the Rick Simpson story'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaSwtEbioNk

I'm going to post about my experience with this medication that has all kinds of evidence-based research showing how effective the oil is for killing cancer cells.  I'll have just finished my three month treatment when I go back for my next PET in April.  Since this is THE scan my onc is using to decide a treatment plan going forward (when we meet in early May) if there is ANY evidence showing the Phoenix Tears treatment is helping me, I will continue with this treatment plan only.

I'll let you know how things go.

Big hugs, 

Twinkly

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

Twinkly, thanks for sharing that video, I watched the whole thing.  How cool is that!

Genesis 1:29 - Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth, and every tree that has fruit with seed in it.  They will be yours for food."

I would really like to know how Phoenix Tears works for you.  Sending you love and light!  ♥

• twinkly
    Options

Hey Badger!  Here is the new thread about my experiment with Cannabis Oil .... https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/79/topic/818470?page=1#idx_24

• badger
    Options

Hey twinkly!  Thanks, I'm headed there now.  ♥

• twinkly
    Options

I have something to add to this post....before I leave it behind for the Stage IV boards.....

Recently diagnosed with bone mets, I was looking back at my journey, and wanted to ask

each of you to do everything you can to have CT/PET/MRI show you that the cancer you know about, is the ONLY cancer TO know about.

And understand that right now, when you are first diagnosed with cancer, NOW is the time to stop treating yourself with a lack of love or respect. If you smoke, quit. If you drink, quit. If you cry, dig out your fears and face up to them. If you are overweight, get healthy. Right now, you need to fight with everything you believe in. And you have to become that better person you have always dreamed of becoming. All of this, in order to manage your disease, and take control of that which you realistically can take control of. Ensuring you do everything you can so the cancer doesn't come back somewhere else in your body.

Go and be brave. You are worth the fight.

you are a child of the universe

no less than the trees and the stars

you have a right to be here

and whether or not it is clear to you

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

• twinkly
    Options

And I'm back!

I'm here today, with this to say.

At the end of 2013 I was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic cancer to the bottom portion of my sternum.

In October of 2014, a CT scan showed the mets had spread, and now to the bottom and middle portion of my sternum. Pain and inflamation was increasing....I could no longer be hugged or touched. By February of 2015, a PET scan showed my entire sternum was compromised.

The ONLY treatment I took during this time was medical marijuana.

During early 2015, the pain started to recede. Yet, a PET scan in February showed my entire sternum was compromised. This confused me. I felt like I was getting better, but the scan clearly showed cancer in my entire sternum. At this point it was suggested I take tamoxifen (for the first time). I reluctantly agreed, but by day 35 I was bedridden with pain. I stopped taking tamoxifen, and started feeling better again. In November of 2015 the PET scan showed the cancer was in a small area of my sternum only. I was truly getting better.

By 2016, the pain was almost completely gone. I only felt discomfort in my sternum if I ate sugar.

Also, by this time, I had been taking medical marijuana for two years. It was beginning to make me dizzy, so I felt it was time to stop....so I did....cold turkey. I had taken RSO and CBD pills and water resin.....and for the last few months, suppositories. After quitting, I had not one side effect, or withdrawal symptom, and my dizzyness subsided. I had an amazing dispensary (located in British Columbia, Canada) that provided me with pure and powerful medicine, and was run by compassionate and knowledgeable people. Over the two years, I spent almost $9,000 on medical marijuana. I never had to buy my own weed and make it myself....nor could I ever afford to do so. An ounce of marijuana produces approximately 3 grams of RSO, To pay for an ounce outright would have cost me almost $300. But when purchasing medicine from this compassionate dispensary, I paid $25-$30 per gram.

During the time I took it, the medical marijuana helped me in so many ways....and it eliminated my liver pain completely for the time I was taking it. BUT, when I stopped, the liver pain started returning.

At that time in early 2016, I watched the Quest for the Cure (a series I recommend everyone watch - here is a link to episode one on youtube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR8SQzCJK0Q and heard doctors talking about how detoxifying coffee enemas are for the liver. While listening, I just felt this 'knowing' come into my heart, that I needed to do these enemas to help my liver. I ordered all the supplies from www.sawilson.com, and started taking daily coffee enemas. Lo and behold, within the first two weeks, I counted over 150 greenish lumps that were evacuated from my biliary ducts. Over the next two weeks, at least 100 more. But the best thing was the liver pain AND the dizziness were gone. At first these greenish lumps were large, around the size of those old bath beads we had in the 70's, but over time they became smaller and smaller. I had coffee enemas daily, for four months. Then it felt right to stop, so I did.

In mid 2016, I found out my TSH numbers for my thyroid were around 11. I was so tired, and was losing my hair....and after losing so much weight on a paleo diet, I started gaining it back so fast.....as I turned to foods that were non paleo, for the energy I guess? It took months to dial in the correct amount of thyroid hormone to take.

In October of 2016, a PET scan showed there were four small areas of concern. One small area of my sternum still had cancer, along with the lymph node just underneath....the third small area of cancer we right in front of my armpit where my arm meets my torso, and a fourth area of concern was a growth they had been tracking in the apex of my left lung, but hadn't done a biopsy yet to make a determination.

But, the big news was my entire sternum was no longer filled with cancer. Doctors had no idea what to make of me.

In March of 2017, I started taking mega doses of vitamin C (40-50 grams per day). The healing crisis lasted two days, including chills, diarrhea, and feeling generally awful. Then, once that passed, I was fine. In fact, my sternum became more itchy than anything. Each time I took my vitamin C throughout the day, the itch would almost drive me nuts.

It was a healing itch though. I was amazed at how AMAZINGLY amazing vitamin C is for everything and everyone. To oversimplify it, disease steals electrons from healthy cells causing oxidative stress....but when you add a powerful antioxidant like vitamin C, it GIVES electrons to all the unhealthy (free radical/diseased) cells.....and helps to support and invigorate over 40 different processes in the immune system.

Today I went for a PET scan to follow up the one I had in October 2016. Will those three areas still be there? What about the unknown growth in the apex of my left lung. I'll find out the results on July 5.

But regardless of what the results are, and what my future holds, I know that by following my heart means I'll have no regrets.

I don't believe that burning (chemo) or poisoning (radiation) my body is a way to help it heal. No matter how reasonable these treatments are made to sound.

I know in my heart that a pill can't heal us...only our immune system can do this....so I supported my immune system as much as possible, so it would have a chance to heal me.

Today, it is 12.5 years since my initial diagnosis. Here is a quick recap of those years.....

2005 I found out I had cancer, then I had a lumpectomy, then it came back in the scar tissue, and that was removed in 2006. Then I found another lump deeper in my breast, close to the armpit, and it was cancer. I had a bilateral mastectomy. Then in 2008 I had radiation therapy and quit chemo after two rounds only. Then I tried aromatase inhibitors but they just gave me systemic arthritis so I stopped. I had my ovaries removed to end the zoladex shots in the tummy, and to avoid taking tamoxifen. I was in remission until 2013 when I was diagnosed with metastatic cancer to my sternum. I started taking medical marijuana. Except for my short stint taking tamoxifen in 2015, I've not taken any pharmaceuticals to treat my cancer since 2008. I took medical marijuana for all of 2014 and 2015, then in 2016 continued my healing with coffee enemas, and in 2017 with mega doses of vitamin C. I was given approximately 2.5 years to live after my metastatic diagnosis in 2013. It's now 3.5 years later, and I am here to tell my story.

In this forum, there's not really a place to tell a story that doesn't involve pharmaceuticals every step of the way. I'm unsure if they'll even allow this. I hope so.

With love and best wishes to everyone,

Twinkly.

• Candyapple17
    Candyapple17 Member Posts: 18
    Options

Twinkly! Thank you thank you thank you for sharing this! I find it very inspiring

• pinkvictory
    pinkvictory Member Posts: 24
    Options

twinkly, I read your post a few days ago for the first time. I cried and cried as I read about all of the things that you had to go through.... My heart broke for you. I have thought of you often since reading your Diary journal and sincerely hope that your appointment went well today. Thank you for sharing your story with all ofus...

• twinkly
    Options

Thank you so much pinkvictory and candyapple!!!

The results of my PET scan were mixed. The lump where my armpit meets my torso was gone!! The radiologist determined the problem in the apex of my left lung is radiation damage, and not another tumor. The sternum has more uptake, and the lymph node beneath has grow 2mm. All in all a mixed bag.

I know that every time I eat anything with sugar in it, I can feel twinges in my sternum. Thyroid issues had me craving energy, and unfortunately, I settled for cheap energy (simple carbs) which did me no good. So, today is my first sugar-free day, and I know I can manage sugar-free, now that my thyroid medicine is at the correct levels.

I am still pain-free, and living my life with newfound joy in all of my moments. My doctors have no idea what to make of me, and I like that.

No matter what happens, if it's God's will, I'll keep on keeping on. If not, then that's okay too. I'm no longer ruled by fear, which I believe is the greatest victory in my entire life, and it's all because of cancer :) I'm so grateful for this, and I know that it wouldn't have happened without the cancer to motivate me to meditate every day and let Thy will be done.

TRUST your heart, especially when your thoughts are leading you in a merry chase...keeping you awake, anxious, and stealing your confidence in your Self. I've always known that God and truth live in my heart. And NOT believing everything I think was one of the biggest hurdles there was! :)

Take care, and all my best to you all, my dear fellow travellers. Be brave! Without the fear, this journey can be so enriching, in so many ways.

• pinkvictory
    Options

twinkly, I will keep you in my prayers...

• badger
    Options

Hey twinkly! Good to see you, thanks for the update. It makes my heart sing. ♥

• Bird-of-light
    Bird-of-light Member Posts: 143
    Options

Twinkly, thanks for the update. I think of you often. Hugs

• twinkly
    Options

Hi All!

I was originally diagnosed in 2005.

Stage 4 mets to the sternum were diagnosed 2013.

Today, I am closing in on having mets for five years, with a high quality of life.

The only medicine I have taken to manage my metastatic cancer is medical marijuana. My diet is based on eating as clean as possible and supporting with high quality greens. I meditate to feel connected to love and life and me.....all my best efforts to support my immune system....which is the only thing that can heal me.

Love and light to you all!

Twinkly

• Bird-of-light
    Bird-of-light Member Posts: 143
    Options

Heart

• pinkvictory
    Options

Thank you for the update, Twinkly. Continuing to send positive vibes your way

• twinkly
    Options

In 2005 I was initially diagnosed with breast cancer. Then I had a recurrence in 2007. At this time, I opted to have both breasts removed, called a bilateral mastectomy. This post provides a lot of information around the earlier years. The BIGGEST takeaway I have from that time is when discussing the chemo cocktail my oncologist was recommending. She told me I would have a taxane in my cocktail. I had just read a study published by Duke Cancer Institute which said that the taxanes aren't effective against estrogen receptor positive cancer. Her response was she was okay with removing this one from the cocktail. I walked out of her office with a sad heart knowing many others with estrogen receptor positive cancer were being given taxanes, and could possibly have the horrible side effects some experience with this chemo drug.

From day one, I did everything to protect my quality of life (through research and my intuition) and I was a warrior supporting my immune system.

Then, in 2013, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer to the sternum, spine and neck. I was given +/- 2 years left to live. My naturopath advised me to start taking a form of medical marijuana called 'Phoenix Tears'. I took these tears for over 2 years solid.

In late 2014, while meditating, I had a healing incident. Recent scans had shown cancer had infiltrated my entire sternum by this point, but new scans showed the cancer in the sternum had receded almost completely, with a very small spot left in the bottom of the sternum.

In 2016, I stopped taking my medical marijuana. Unfortunately, I had felt so healthy for so long, I forgot how many chronic health issues the tears had been supporting. And once I stopped, it took about 4 months for my thyroid to crash. I'd had thyroid issues for years but I didn't realize how much it had been supporting my thyroid too. I started taking hypothyroid medication. This sped up my metabolism so much, the cancer started growing back very quickly. So I stopped taking the thyroid medication, and the cancer has been very slowly infiltrating my entire sternum again, since that time.

Today, I've decided to start taking the Phoenix Tears again. Once I receive the resin, I'll mix it with coconut oil and put into a suppository tray (looks like an ice cube tray) and store in the refrigerator. Suppositories are the most effective way to take any kind of medication. I think it will help also with the chronic constipation I have to deal with too due to pain meds (morphine).

I hope this update helps someone who may be struggling with similar issues. The initial post contains a lot of information from the earlier days. All of that info that I wished I'd known before I took my first step down the cancer treatment pathway.

Please know my heart is with you. Stay strong by arming yourselves with information other than what your doctor is telling you.....and listen to your body. I did when I knew I couldn't take any more chemo, and quit after only 2 out of 6 sessions.

• twinkly
    Options

Thanks for your message. The medical marijuana I purchase is very clean. And it doesn't cost nearly the price that recreational marijuana costs. I estimate that it costs maybe 40% of what recreational weed costs, and the recreational weed hasn't been turned into medicine....it's just dried bud and leaf. And I don't trust how recreational weed is grown. I like to know who is growing my medicine.

I know my medicine is grown from plants that are given a ton of love and care. The lady who grows my medicine calls all of the plants 'her girls'. And she's never sold any of the marijuana she grows to the recreational market. For 12 years, she's been a licensed provider. Nothing toxic, no pesticides, fungicides are used in her grow operation. I believe the only thing that the marijuana plants get are organic foods (when they're in the different stages of growth) and hypochlorous acid to keep them healthy from all the challenges facing growing these plants. This is an organic, non toxic anti viral/bacterial liquid that is being used in farming, and in animal husbandry, in hospitals, schools, medical offices, homes, retail stores, etc. For people, hypochlorous acid sprays are replacing chemicals and alcohols in hand sanitizers. I've ordered this product to use all around my house...and did I mention it's amazing for the skin? My daughter uses it to manage her psoriasis/eczema. Another great thing about it is the virus isn't able to replicate, or develop a new strain. Hypochlorous acid is rather amazing, and I'm so happy that it's finding its way into the marketplace. I hope this answers all your questions.