Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

*** WALL OF ANGELS ***

Options

Comments

• sahalie
    sahalie Member Posts: 1,145
    edited January 2009
    Options

This is an incredibly heartfelt tribute to all the Angels who have passed. 

What a loving tribute you all have created here. 

This is so sad and touching at the same time.

Seeing Courtney and her dx at such a young age and then passing so young hits it home how ravaging hideous this disease is.

Bless you all.

• Bany
    Bany Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2009
    Options

Today would have been Courtney C's 24th Birthday.  Gone too soon. You are missed by many  sweet Courtney!

xo  Bany 

• survivorx7
    survivorx7 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2009
    Options

I salute everyone single warrior past present and future who I may never have the honor to meet and know,

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for being my beacon of light, in what is now 3rd generation of the beast visiting my family.

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Member Posts: 678
    edited October 2016
    Options

I wonder if you would put my dear friend Cynthia on the wall. She passed away this morning.

(Edited by Mods to remove personally identifiable information)

• jadai
    jadai Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2016
    Options

My mom, Brenda, also passed on 7/7/09.

• NaughtybyNature
    NaughtybyNature Member Posts: 190
    edited July 2009
    Options
    dreamwriter: please post your friend's picture; this thread is pinned, so after we are long gone, it will still be here for generations to come and see all the absolutely beautiful (in and out) Angels we lost to BC and may be some other types of cancer.
  • hollyann
    hollyann Member Posts: 279
    edited October 2016
    Options

Naughty please add my sister Charity Denise who passed away Sept. 4, 2006 from bc and my mother Gladys who passsed away June 28th 1972 from bc......I have no pictures of either downloaded into my computer so I cannot post their pics..........

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377
    edited October 2016
    Options

Please post my SIL Lisa she left us on July 26, 2009 and my BFF Linda March 7, 2008.

• NaughtybyNature
    edited October 2009
    Options

Amy fishing  Amy

Amy aka luv2cmp - December 1, 1967 - October 18, 2009 

Amy's last tatoo" Amy's last tattoo shows her love for animals, especially for pugs.

• Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited October 2009
    Options

I remember so many of these wonderful women.  I know there are some of Cy and DebC somewhere that we can add a picture.   Breaks my heart but I feel blessed to have known so many. 

A beautiful tribute for some amazing, beautiful women. 

• NaughtybyNature
    edited October 2009
    Options

Mena, with her Blanket of Love made by dressmaker and given to her by many of us.

Mena with Ishop and Tflowers (photos taken at our NJ Get Together 2007).

• Pepper_B
    Pepper_B Member Posts: 173
    edited October 2009
    Options

Geeta - we will miss you so very much - October 21, 2009

• NaughtybyNature
    edited October 2009
    Options

To all the falling Angels here... always and forever remembered:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVbkz_3lO3c

• Blundin2005
    Blundin2005 Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2009
    Options

NbN, I came looking for a chapel.  I just read that Fla Lady is an angel and felt the relief and pain at the same time.  Her fight was admirable.  In fact, it was reading her post that moved me to donate to BCO in honor of the ladies on these boards.  I hope to have as much integrity.  

Marilyn 

• Grakenmom
    Grakenmom Member Posts: 137
    edited October 2016
    Options

Yesterday, Heaven welcomed Stephanie.

Many of us in central Ohio and around the country are mourning the passing of Stephanie Spielman, an 11 year survivor of 5 rounds of breast cancer. Stephanie and her husband Chris, (formerly a football standout with The Ohio State University and the Buffalo Bills) formed the Stephanie Fund for Breast Cancer Research, a fund that accumulated more that $6.5 million for breast cancer research at OSU's Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Research Institute. Stephanie was first diagnosed at age 30, and is survived by Chris and their four beautiful children.

While I never had the priviledge to meet Stephanie in person, she was an inspiration and true champion to many of us in the community. She is gone too soon.

Respectfully,

Erika

• yasminv1
    yasminv1 Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2016
    Options

RIP... Stephanie. She was a true hometown hero. Her story really hits home, not because I live in the Columbus are but because I too was diagnosed at a young age, 31. Her family have done a ton to raise awareness and money for this cause. She is an angel with God now.

• Bmarie
    Bmarie Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2009
    Options

Oh, Stephanie......This saddens me soooooo!!!! Leaving 4 beautiful children & a great husband....when will this ever end???!!!! Thank you for all that you have done for breast cancer research. You are in a wondrous place with God now....

Just can't hold back the tears!!!!

Love,

Barb, '82 grad of The Ohio State University 

• NaughtybyNature
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Happy Birthday Amy (luv2cmp).  I miss you.
  • moborn63
    moborn63 Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2016
    Options

My friend Danielle B-1/3/88 D-12/2/09 of NHL cancer. she was diagnoised in Feb 09. Each time the doctors thought they had it it would then comeback in another part of her body. very agressive. She was only 21 just starting life with her wonderful husband of 1 year. She is truly an Angel now and will be missed.

• holligoog
    holligoog Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2016
    Options

I lost my Triple Negative "Breast Friend"

Carla

Photo Carla, 47, joined the church eternal on Friday, Jan. 22, 2010, at Gordon Hospice House in Statesville, following a valiant 16 month struggle with breast cancer. She was born Oct. 23, 1962, the daughter of Betty Jo H. Litaker and the late Carl Adams Litaker. On April 29, 1989, she was married to Leo Vincent Hearst III, who survives her. Mrs. Hearst was a graduate of Statesville High School and of Salem College, Winston-Salem. While at Salem, she was a cross country runner and was a piano accompanist for the Salem Academy Choir. A lifelong member of St. John's Lutheran Church in Statesville, Carla was faithful and devoted to her church. While growing up she participated in the youth group and as an adult she was a faithful member of many of the church's committees, the church council, the call committee for the present pastor, and a member and soloist of the choir. Almost from birth Carla loved music, either listening to or playing it. One of her favorite things was singing with the Mitchell Community College Choir. Carla was employed with Orchard Software Co., Indianapolis, Ind., and worked from her home. An inseparable couple, Carla and Leo enjoyed many activities together, including golfing, bowling, riding their Harley Davidson motorcycle, singing in the church choir, traveling, and entertaining their friends. A favorite activity of theirs was watching TV with their beloved black cats, Jack and Judy. Carla developed close ties with classmates from Salem College and following her cancer diagnosis, this group became known as the Princess Warriors. Later, others were added to this elite group who have been a source of comfort and support. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Monday at St. John's Lutheran Church with the Rev. John Jones III officiating. Burial will follow in Oakwood Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 3-6 p.m. this evening at Nicholson Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to any organization supporting the cure of cancer; the Iredell County Humane Society; Gordon Hospice House; St. John's Lutheran Church; or to the charity of the donor's choice. Nicholson Funeral Home is serving the family of Carla Litaker Hearst. The family would like to express sincerest appreciation to Dr. Susan Melin and Alicia DeTroye PA, Jorge and Vicki Garcia, and all other medical personnel at Wake Forest University Baptist Hospital, for the meticulous and devoted care given to Carla during her treatment and stay there.

Carla was diagnosed in June of 2008 with TNBC, stage IIa. I met Carla in March of 2009 after she had completed treatment and was considered NED. In May of 2009 she found a swollen lymph node near her collar bone and the CT scans showed stage IV mets.

In 2009 Carla participated in both the Komen Race for the Cure and the AVON event in Oct. 2009 while undergoing chemo. Our team "The Divine Tata Princess Warriors" have vowed to walk in the Komen Race on May 1st and the AVON walk in Oct. 2010 in her honor. She will be our ANGEL and walk with us to help us raise funds to find a cure!

Hollie

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited October 2016
    Options

Phyllis Ann

• BORN: December 6, 1962
    • DIED: January 26, 2010
    • Our wonderful funny watson.

• hollyann
    hollyann Member Posts: 279
    edited October 2016
    Options

Susan
    Died February 5th, 2010.......

our wonder Kbugmom......

• cosmo55
    cosmo55 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2016
    Options

God bless these wonderful women and may their souls rest forever in Heaven. I'd light to add to this list if I may: Carolyn and Deborah. Two of my best friends died two years ago within six months of each other of B/C. We worked in the same department years ago. They were both only in their mid-40's. I still can't believe they are gone. I pray for a cure every day. I myself am going for another mammogram and ultrasound tomorrow as the radiologist schedled for me to come back after last Saturday. I am hopefully it is nothing. It's just a 10mm assymetrical spot in my lower left quadrant in my left breast. He also wants a spot compress. Ouch!! I will pray for all the lost souls here on the board and also pray for everyone that has been diagnosed and has been going thru treatment. There will be a cure soon, I just know it.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 4,011
    edited October 2016
    Options

zkacmom (Illinois Girls Thread) - Ginny -

August 4, 1961 - August 14, 2010

Rest in peace, Ginny...

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited October 2010
    Options

I just found out yesterday that one of the girls I see and talk to in chemo passed away a couple weeks ago.  Her name was Norena and she was a sweetheart (I don't think she was on BCO).  She was originally diagnosed when she was 31 and then re-diagnosed again at 34 (this was how old she was when she passed away).  She had mets to the lung and brain (and thought the brain radiation had worked).  I saw her 3 weeks ago and she was in good spirits.  She had a husband and small children.  Very sad indeed! 

• amoccia53160
    amoccia53160 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2016
    Options

Lydia is now an angel. Died November 16, 2010.

Gloria has been an angel since 1997.

God watch over you both. I pray for eternal peace for both of you and your loved ones.

Annette

• beergirl
    beergirl Member Posts: 83
    edited November 2010
    Options

I miss Watson.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 4,011
    edited February 2011
    Options

Rest In Peace, Carolyn. Forever in our hearts.

4-1966 to 2-2011

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited February 2011
    Options

What a wonderful tribute you have given our lost, but not forgotten sisters.  It is heartbreaking to see all their beautiful faces.  So very, very bittersweet.  May they all be soaring high above us as they watch over their beloved children and families.  

Linda

• Cyborg
    Cyborg Member Posts: 192
    edited October 2016
    Options

I was lucky to have a wonderful woman in my life as a mentor and teacher. Her name is Lynn. She passed away on December 30, 2010. I will miss her and so will many others.