Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Complex Cysts

Options
2»

Comments

• jaxster
    jaxster Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hiya all well I thought I would keep this thread going another year, I'm a little confused and wondered if anyone could enlighten me. I noticed a lump just before Christmas, after going to my doctor they suggested a referral to the breast clinic in which I had a mamo, followed by a US, the findings was confusing to me and Dr google don't seem to be making much sense, my findings was left breast showed a ill defined round density proven to be a cystic lesion with solid components subjected to a 20 gauge core biopsy as 14 gauge would not penetrate the solid component, Birads 4 can anyone tell me anything about this please, if it was a complex cyst wouldn't they state that? I'm still awaiting the results of my biopsy and very very anxious

Jakki xxx

• MarysDen101
    MarysDen101 Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2013
    Options

more often times then not when you do get your results Jaxter it will give you more information then what is just seen on an image.  I recently just had a lumpectomy and they found a ton of cyst, some were fiuld filled, some were abcessesing and some had debris in it. it will tell you all of that in the path report you get after having your core. When did you have yours done Jaxter?

• jaxster
    jaxster Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hiya  Marysden, thanks for you reply i had my core biopsy 8 days ago im due back for my reuslt on the 22nd of this month, sometimes i sit there and think no no is going to be benign then other days i get waves of pain underneath my arpit and shoulder which makes me question if it is BC.  feeling pretty scared x whats your story Marysden x

• SarahRose
    SarahRose Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Options

Does anyone here with experience having cysts know the difference betewwn a complex cyst with debris vs a hypoechoic partially cystic lesion. These are the findings of the same lump on my first and sixth month follow up ultrasounds. It has also grown from 5mm to 7mm. Are the two the same thing just worded differently?? 

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited June 2014
    Options

Sarah, I thonk those are just equivalent descriptions. Things put on six-month follow up are very low suspicion-  less than 3% chance of being anything worrisome.