Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Childhood Friend Passed

Options
rumoret
rumoret Member Posts: 45

My dear friend passed away on Thursday, January 15, 2009. She was dx in 2003 and has been battling the return of her breast cancer for the last 1 1/2 years. She was a wonderful mother, grandmother, stepmother, and wife. She was determined to fight to the end......and she did. Only when her quality of life was so bad did she refuse to fight any further.

So another Angel found her wings........she was 54 years young. Her name was Carol Duncan.

I loved you Carol......

Look to this dayFor it is life, the very life of life.In its brief course lie all the
Varieties and realities of this existence
This bliss of growth,
The glory of action,
The splendour of beauty;
For yesterday is only a dream
And tomorrow is only a vision
But today well lived makes
Every yesterday a dream of happiness,
And every tomorrow a vision of hope
Look well, therefore to this day
Such is the salutation of the dawn.

TerryCry

Comments

• dawn2203
    dawn2203 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2009
    Options

My prayers are with you and Carols family another taken away by this horrible disease.

• flyrzfan
    flyrzfan Member Posts: 199
    edited January 2009
    Options

Terry, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear friend...Thank you for honoring her here with us.

• celia088
    celia088 Member Posts: 975
    edited January 2009
    Options

rumoret, i am so sorry to read of the passing of your dear friend, Carol Duncan.  My condolences to you and to Carol's family and friends.  I have added her name to the List of Angels in Commemorating Loved Ones in the Friends and Family section.

celia

• rumoret
    rumoret Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2009
    Options

Thanks Celia for adding her name. And thank you Flyrzfan....she was a dear friend.

Love,

Terry