Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Did anybody get tinnitus from taking Tamoxifen?

Options
2»

Comments

• lexie2002
    lexie2002 Member Posts: 59
    Options

Hi Lauren, is your ear still clogged? I had fallen out of bed August of 2020 and hit my hip before coming down on my two front teeth on my little marble night stand. I was surprised I still had my two front teeth when I put my hand up to feel for them. Did they tell you that they could do anything to help you? THANKS

• laurencl
    laurencl Member Posts: 203
    Options

Hi Lexie,

Yes, I still have the symptoms. Getting diagnosed actually made me feel better, or at least adjust, because it meant that the symptoms were not dangerous. They claim that a hearing aid can help with tinnitus, I have not looked in to it. The only other thing the ENT could offer me was surgery. They can fortify the temporal bone with cartilage, followed by therapy. This can lead to other symptoms such as vertigo (which I don’t have and don’t want).After BC, I have had enough surgery for now, so I have decided to wait on that decision.

I know who’s frustrating this can be (as I said, I started crying in the ENT’s office when he told me he could not find anything). Diagnostic testing helped, it you can get a doctor to do some

• lexie2002
    Options

Hi, Can I also ask if anyone has ended up with clogged ears/pain from taking Arimidex???? Doctors say my ears are fine and don't know why they feel clogged and painful (also with on and off ringing).

I am literally going crazy and the fact that these drugs are classified as ototoxic makes me wonder. Please Help.

HEALING HUGS

Lexie

• lexie2002
    Options

I am some ringing too but I'm on Arimidex. I can not figure out how to start a new topic. I looked at the help spot but I do not see where it says start a new topic? Hmmmmm HEALING HUGS

Lexie

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,700
    Options

Lexie, I was reading this topic because I know someone who has tinnitus. If you want to start a new thread, go to the actual forum link, like this one is hormonal therapy. Click on that, and it has “Start a new topic” at the top. I hope this helps

• lexie2002
    Options

Thank You So Much KBL,

Lexie HEALING HUGS

• kyrrye
    kyrrye Member Posts: 1
    Options

I am on Tamoxifen and have tinnitus in one ear and my head and both ears feel stuffy and full.