Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• kad22
    kad22 Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2010

TiffanyF4 - I too play Family Fued - keeps my brain working! I do see Price is Right pop up but haven't played it yet!

hhfhiedi - oh boy! Glad you, your husband and horses are ok and that everything gets fixed for next weekend.

barbbasile - you will make it!! I Hated (with a captial H) AC! It is hard but you should only have one more to go, right? I thought about quitting at that point but I stuck it out and finished all of my treatments and am very glad that I did. It doesn't seem like it now but there is an end and you will be happy when you have finished them all! Take care and REST!!

Today I am only 6 days out from my last Taxol and I think I slept the day away! Can't wait until I start feeling like I don't have the flu 24/7! My face hurts!! Uggg!

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Kelli

• Swanny
    Swanny Member Posts: 118
    edited September 2010

hhfhiedi - Glad everyone is OK.

barbbasile - Sorry you are feeling bad.  Hope this coming week is better for you.  I know how you feel.  I was fine with AC and at the time thought this wasn't nearly as bad as I thought but my second drug is Taxotere and OMG.  I cannot believe how bad and miserable I feel the Sunday thru Sunday after chemo.  It is rough.  One more week of hell to go thru and I will be done and you will get through this too.

Hope everyone has a good week.

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited September 2010

Heidi:

So glad to hear you and hubby are ok, as well as the horses.  Geez, that sure sounds frightening but am so happy to hear all ended well.  Kind of puts the back ache I have from ironing for three straight hours in perspective!!! 

Linda

• laurajane
    laurajane Member Posts: 305
    edited September 2010

Sugar- Happy anniversary. You have reason to celebrate. Cheers! 

HHFheidi- Sounds like with quick action you saved the day. Man, that sounds so scary. I guess I never realized the precision or expertise involved it takes to drive horses. I've only ridden in the one horse carriages like Central Park has. I'm so glad all of you are o.k. to say the least. 

MBJ and jenn3 -  I guess the timing is right. Self pity days are ugly but at least I should expect them now. They are worse than any PMS I ever had. Athough PMS is now history due to the Chemopause. Felt better today which means that tomorrow should be great.

MicheleS- I hope you had a great day too! 

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    edited September 2010

Heidi - wow...what a day you had today!

One of my FB friends was playing The Price is Right so that's probably how I found it.  If anybody wants to connect with me on Facebook I can send the game to you.  Just send me a PM with your name or I can give you mine so we can connect.  The game is pretty fun.  I'll have to try Family Feud one of these days, too!

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited February 2011

Heidi:  That sounds harrowing.  I'm glad to hear no one was hurt.  Lots of folks ride or drive in my town, and I'm always careful going around them when in a car, afraid I'll spook a horse.  Kudos for your ability to handle the situation.

• jlynnbain1031
    jlynnbain1031 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2010

hi all ! just wondering if taxol is easier than AC ? i go for my third treatment tuesday then one more AC then off for 12 weekly infusions of taxol. ugh ! my first chemo was pretty easy except for a migraine the night of the first then another migraine the night of the second. they are gonna try to premedicate me so i won't get that awful migraine again this time. i hope it works. anyone else with migraines ? its just the day of chemo then it stops completley. also, anyone have any sore throats during chemo and watery eyes. seems like its always something new. can't wait to get a normal life back. reading some of these posts seems that i will one day ! thanks for listening to me !

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671
    edited September 2010

hhfheidi:  OMG!  That is one crazy ride you went on today!  something was bothering him for sure and I sure am glad no one was hurt! 

• laurajane
    edited September 2010

Wow! I missed a whole page before I posted. Could it, could it,  could it actually be

"CHEMO FOG, fog, fog"?  Echo...echo... echo

I'll use that as my excuse for tonight.

Barbassile- I am so sorry you are feeling so bad.  Kad is right one more to go. You can get thru this. I moan and groan but Taxol has been easier. I forget how bad AC was for me it seems so long ago, but reading your post makes me remember. I know it's unbelievably rough but you can do it. Have you talked to your Onc about your SE's. Maybe they can recommend something that could help you more. I think in a way SE's are a little different for all of us and at the same time similar. In my thoughts I'm sending you a bowl of homemade soup and a gentle hug. I hope tomorrow is better for you. 

Thanks, Tiffany 

LRM216- Ironing for 3 hours? I can't imagine. My back hurts thinking about it.

Kad22- I hope you feel better soon. Congratulations on being finished with the chemo. I'm so happy for you. 

Good-night and sweet dreams! 

• MBJ
    edited September 2010

Sugar: Congratulations on your one year anniversary!  Time really flies by fast, doesn't it?

Laurajane:  Glad you're feeling better!

jlynnbain:  I didn't do AC, but many say it's easier to do Taxol afterwards, when you compare the two. 

Michelle:  How are you doing now that you're done with your exchange?

• laurajane
    edited September 2010

Jody- So far Taxol has been easier I am 1/2 way thru. I get my 7th this Thursday. I hope the docs can help you with your headaches. I had watery eyes, runny nose and sore throat also. I took Claritin with my oncs o.k. and it helped me. Only two more AC to go for you and then you are done with the "Red Devil". You can do it!

• MBJ
    edited September 2010

Jody:  I had the runny nose, watery eyes, headaches:  Benadryl is your friend!

• laurajane
    edited September 2010

MBJ- Thank- you, I am feeling better. I hope you're feeling better too and finally kicked that flu bug.

• MBJ
    edited September 2010

laurajane:   still stuffy and runny nose, sigh, in 100 degree weather, too!  It shall pass!

• jlynnbain1031
    jlynnbain1031 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2010

thank you both so much ! i will ask the doctor about either benadryl or claritin. i will let ya all know how #3 goes ! take care ;-)

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited February 2011

delete

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2010

This is just my personal experience. But I went in to Chemopause during treatment. When I was done with Chemo my periods didn't come back. I went 10 mos. without and my doctors told me that I was done. I had the hot flashes and the whole works. Then out of the blue they came back. At first I was scared, thinking it was something else. (BC does this to you). Then they stopped again. It's been 5 mos. and I'm still having hot flashes. 

• JenC
    JenC Member Posts: 186
    edited September 2010
    jlynnbain - I think Taxol was much better to tollerate than AC.  I felt like poo for a few days after AC but with Taxol I feel pretty good asside from the neuropathy.  I to am having migrains but I think it is just my clusters that I used to get comming back who knows.  Every day for the last 12 days (with the exception of one day).  And the chemopause hot flashes are no fun.  Best of luck with the remainder of your AC. 
    Jen
  • lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited September 2010

Yeah - there are some of us who still iron.  I don't do it often,however, that's the reason for the three hours!  None of it's mine either (with my clothes, if it wrinkles after I wash it, I throw it out!).  It's all my grand-daughter's stuff (must have pressed jeans, you know!).  Last time I asked her to please iron her own, she burnt her hand (hmmm, maybe on purpose?).  Saving grace - my chemo was finished a year ago this month.  If I were still on chemo I don't think I'd be ironing - not even for God!

Linda

• MicheleS
    MicheleS Member Posts: 196
    edited September 2010

good morning everyone!! Wow, ya'll are busy.

To those of you still in chemo-- you can do it! You really can.  I promise.  I am a weenie and I puked non-stop but I managed to get to the end.  You can too!

MBJ- Feeling good.  They are kinda small but I like that I can exercise without dealing with the added weight.  I ended up with a 32-34B (I think).  They are nice and soft and move lots within the pockets.  They aren't floppy like my old boobs but they aren't squished tight either.

HeidI- Wow! How frightening.  

xxoo

Michele

Barbasile- PMed you.

• mitymuffin
    mitymuffin Member Posts: 242
    edited September 2010

HHFHeidi, I just read your post about the carriage accident. Good grief! So, Studly is as his name implies? Intact, as they say?  I hope you get him figured out before the Gettysburg trip. Just how exciting do you want life to be?

Barbbasile, yes, AC is just awful but most of us have made it through and you can too. Try anything that helps you feel better. Accupuncture helped me, as did a certain herb I will not name (wink, wink). 

• MicheleS
    MicheleS Member Posts: 196
    edited September 2010

mitymiffin~ I had to take marinol because the puking was sooooo bad.  I was a complete goof-ball on it!

• tnbcRuth
    tnbcRuth Member Posts: 338
    edited September 2010

Wow, just read up on the last 3 pages !!  The horse story was amazing!  So glad you, hubby and horses are ok.  I threw my head back and laughed when I read the 'woman survives cancer, killed by own horses' !!  Kinda like the Segway inventor that segwayed his way off a cliff and died yesterday!  ugh

I found I am 'allergic' to the anti-inflammatory steroid they give you at the beginning and am getting w/my onc to figure something out.  I may have to go herbal too.

The only way I am getting thru the A/C with Neulesta shot is to take advil day of and day after.  No bone aching at all finally.  Just morbidly tired.

Also, I am not going to do Taxol.  I checked out the side effects  vs the benefits, and I just think I have had about enough poisoning.  Onc says ok.  I THINK once you take it, you can't use it again.  I've heard of so many that do everything from A-Z and it does not prevent a recurrence.  Then again, quality of life is more important to me at this stage of my life, than quantity.

Hugs to all my tn sistas~

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited September 2010

OMG Heidi----I was reading your post at the edge of my chair!!!  I am very afraid of horses.  I have been this way since I was a little kid.  Your story was frightening!  So sorry you had this happen and glad that everything turned out OK.  Good Luck next weekend.

• HeidiToo
    edited September 2010

www.hunterhavenfarm.com-- most of my horses are there, as well as a few links to other sites I maintain. Figured if some of you had nothing better to do on a rainy day I'd offer up some low-key entertainment.

I used to breed registered pinto sport ponies (AWR & ASPR for the horsemen in here) but gelded my stallion a few years ago. Tomorrow they will both get their teeth floated and I think that will put Studly back on track. Horses can't tell us when they have mouth problems; it's up to us to figure it out when they start doing things that are out of character (like head bobbing). Anyway, don't mean to turn this into a horse thread...

Just came back from seeing The Town with Ben Affleck. Pretty good flick for this rainy day. Now it's on to cleaning & polishing my leather harness for this coming weekend.

BTW, tech support never was able to really figure out the problem causing the alien posts, though they did suggest it might be a browser issue, as I have concluded.

Hope everyone is having a good day! I'm watching my two Boston Terriers play with a treat ball--- always entertaining, they made me smile many a time last winter when I was feeling punk during treatment.

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited September 2010

Hey..Barbasile..if you are feeling like *s*8llt..please post...don't know if it will make you feel better..but it seems like on this thread we all kinda let it out..and that is a good thing!  we seem to go from puking from AC to horses running away with our Heidi...I think anything goes!  And that is why we are here...!  Just to listen and to talk...I like it! 

Can you imagine if we are were all in one room someplace?  Oh my! 

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited September 2010

Heidi - Wow!!! What an ordeal........thank goodness you're experienced and have great horses, I just can't imagine.  I love your sense of humor "woman survives cancer, then killed by horses".  I recently had a terrible choking experience with healthy grilled zucchini, DH had to himlich me 4 or 5 times before I could breathe again - weird experience.  As soon as I was breathing I called my friend and told her I should die of something like choking on grilled zucchini be sure to put it in my obituary.  And...I said what you did "woman survives cancer, but choked on grilled zucchini". 

Barbasile- I am so sorry you're feeling bad.  I know you don't want to post when you're under the weather, but that's what were here for and sometimes just saying it feels better.  ((hugs)) it gets better.

kad - it'll get better - (((hugs)))) 

Jody - Taxol for me came with it's own set of SE's, but it was easier to tolerate and I found myself getting out more and able to do more while on Taxol.  And...another bonus, my hair started growing back towards the end of Taxol.

Ruth - good luck with finding a new anti inflammatory or another option

• TiffanyF4
    TiffanyF4 Member Posts: 104
    edited September 2010

OK don't get me wrong I am thrilled to have hair on my head again but WHAT  DO YOU DO WITH CHEMO CURL!!!  hahaha  I look like a HOT MESS ladies with this wild hair and my hot flashes I am a real piece of work these days!!! Any hair tips?

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited September 2010

Tiffany...I really liked my  hair when it was 1-2 inches long..I colored it carmel with blond tips and people said I looked sassy..I felt sassy..then it grew and was so freaking curly and I didn't know what to do with it!  so I just got it cut short again and I like it!  The thing is..you want to grow it out again so you look like everyone else..but sometimes...it just doesn't work out that way...I'm keeping my hair short..I look better with it that way...the good thing is..is is a choice that I MADE..not because of chemo...

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

Titan- that's why I started that thread months ago ("Not just TNBC... thoughts, humor, pictures on Life, etc.")-- to give us a place to talk about stuff other than this damn cancer. It never really caught on, but yours has and I am glad there are people in here willing to talk sports, ironing (Heaven forbid), horses, health and whatever else comes to mind.

I think we all need a little diversion from this crappy disease and my goal is to provide it, to the best of my ability. I chime in on tnbc from time to time (if I feel my experience & personal input would be helpful) but mostly, I leave the serious discussions to others. IMO, this thread is a nice blend of our collective thoughts.