Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I donated in honor of my mother...

Options

I donate to the breastcancer.org folks in honor of my mother. My mother didn't have breast cancer. I did. But I could not have made it through as well as I did without her unending love and support. I know there are many women out there who battle this disease that don't have the support I did (emotionally and financially). So wanted to give something back!

Comments

• Wabbit
    Wabbit Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2011
    Options

bumping to put this lovely post on the front page index ... instead of that idiot Ken guy

• CandDsMom
    CandDsMom Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2011
    Options

Bump

• CandDsMom
    CandDsMom Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2011
    Options

Bump

• Wabbit
    Wabbit Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2011
    Options

bump

• Faith316
    Faith316 Member Posts: 1,088
    edited April 2011
    Options

I got something in the mail from BCO today.  It was a letter suggesting making a donation in honor of mother's day.  I think that is a great idea and I plan to do so.  I don't know about the rest of you, but my mother doesn't need another candle, sweater, or bottle of perfume.  Making a donation to an organization that helps people is a wonderful gift.  For her birthday in January, I made a donation to globalgiving.org.  to be used to help supply clean water for places that do not have it.  For my father's birthday in March, I made a donation to globalgiving.org to be used for the Tsunami relief for Japan.  They were both very appreciative and thought the gifts were a wonderful idea.  This breast cancer forum helps so many women, me included and a donation to help keep this forum in operation to help other women would be a beautiful tribute to my mother who has always been there for me.  Just a thought as many people are pondering how to honor their mothers next week. 

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited June 2011
    Options

I donated to Breast Cancer.org in honor of my Mother who lost the battle at age 64. May 31st was her 15th anniversary of her death.  

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BUMP