Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

PBMX for ALH or ADH?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Tequilarat
    Tequilarat Member Posts: 2
    Options

surgery went well

First week was tough but it got better

It took two weeks for drains to come out

I have to go in twice weekly to have fluid drawn off since it keeps swelling

My PS says since I have very thin skin I will have to have several fat grafting.

I have lots of rippling , look like a Mylar balloon.

My exchange surgery is set for January 19th

Saw my general surgeon and first thing she said was I saved my life. We had always watched my left breast but they found five areas of ducal hyperplasia 's that seemed aggressive and a radial scar which I still don't understand.

But I am moving forward and glad it's done

I still tire very easy and have pain when stretching , seems to feel like bolts holding up my alloderm

614 Member Posts: 398
    Options

Good luck with the next surgery.  I hope that you feel better.  I am glad that you decided to have the surgery that saved your life.  Hugs.

• Sassi80
    Sassi80 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have recently been diagnosed with ADH and ALH with inflammation in my R breast. I've already had a core needle biopsy and an excisional biopsy. My surgical oncologist had me do a genetic test. Waiting for the results. Then I'm scheduled to see him in three months for another diagnostic mammogram and MRI. I have just about decided to get the PBMX rather than have another surgical biopsy if it comes back up. I don't want to spend a lot of money getting mammograms, MRIs, and biopsies over multiple years

• Medic911
    Medic911 Member Posts: 1
    Options

how long after your diagnosis of LCIS and ALH were you diagnosed with IDC

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    Options

Hi Medic - Welcome to BCO. This thread is a bit dated so you might not get a lot of responses. I had a PBM for ALH / ADH and a surprise IDC was found. I think I’ve read where statically this happens in about 20% of the cases. My cancer WAS seen on an MRI but waseither passed or missed on excisional biopsy.