Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Skin Tag on nipple?

Options
philippaaaaaaa
philippaaaaaaa Member Posts: 1
edited February 2019 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

dont know quite what to think of it... ive had skin tags before and just pulled them of gradually.. but i dont really want to mess with it. It isnt as dangly as other ones ive had, and its quite obvious.. im not sure what it actually is because its more like a spot thats a different colour to my nipple. Any suggestions?

Comments

• judyfams
    judyfams Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2011
    Options

I would suggest that you have a doctor check this out.  It could be a skin tag, but if it is you should not be pulling them off your body by yourself no matter where they are located.

Ease your mind and see a doctor.

Judy

• TifJ
    TifJ Member Posts: 804
    edited May 2011
    Options

I had one of those on my nipple years ago. I didn't know what to do either, but one night i was pulling my nightshirt over my head and a loose thread caught the skin tag and ripped it off! It bled a little and that was it! Any doctor can freeze it off with a little liquid nitrogen-doesn't hurt. Definitely have it checked out!

• geebung
    geebung Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2011
    Options

I had a skin tag near my nipple during my first pregnancy (over 30 years ago). My obstetrician told me to tie a bit of thread around it which I did and it dropped off.

Four years ago I had what I (and my doctor) thought was a skin tag on my neck. She removed it and sent it away to pathology. The report said it was a squamous cell carcinoma. Luckily, the margins were clean.

After my SCC scare, I know that cancer doesn't always resemble text book descriptions, so, for your own peace of mind, I'd encourage you to get a doctor's opinion.

• Ted_Hutchinson
    Ted_Hutchinson Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Options

A while ago I was obese and at that time I used to get skin tags regularly. I agree with the others that it's probably worth having it checked out by a GP and they can remove them painlessly. 

However there is good research showing skin tags may be a marker for an underlying condtion such as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or Diabetes.

One of the benefits I found after following a low carbohydrate diet to lose weight, was the loss of all my skin tags, They just disappeared and I haven't had any for over 3yrs now and having the most irritating ones frozen off was a regular event previously. The low carbohydrate plan I followed was not as drastic as Atkins and I still eat pleny of veggies If you search for Dr Dahlqvist's Low Carbohydrate program in English you will find it.

My point is that skin tags are strongly indicative of insulin resistance, so dealing with the underlying problem of insulin resistance may prevent the onset of other problems such as diabetes, heart disease and ultimately Alzheimer's. It is reasonable to suggest that reducing insulin resistance and improving insulin sensitivity may also lead to a reduction in BC risk.